🔥 (2-Shot) Flames ~ 1

Hey Everyone!!! It's Vera here and another idea struck me late at night yesterday, hope ya'll like it!
Please do let me know how it was, feedback is greatly appreciated! 💖

================

It was on fire, the entire building engulfed in flames, making it a very dangerous place to be but for Karan he had to go in there, his heartbeat, his dhadkan was stuck inside.

He recalled when Mr. Batra had informed him about a nearby building that had been set on fire, "Spire Building" he'd been told. Followed by Sid running to him informing him that Monami had gone to lunch with Aneesh at the very same place.

Dropping everything in that moment Karan had grabbed the keys to his jeep from the shelf and zoomed out of there, breaking several traffic rules...but seeing Monami safe was more important than anything in the world at that second.

As he'd reached the place, it looked disastrous, the fire brigade was present and trying to put out the fire, he ran towards who looked like the owner and inquired about the people present. "I've been told that they've all gotten out safely" the owner replied to which Karan sighed a breath of relief.

But his relief was short-lived as he saw Aneesh running towards him from the other side of the parking lot. "Karan, Karan!" he yelled as he approached him, all covered in dust and coughing terribly.

Karan: What happened? Where's Monami? Woh theek toh hai na??! ANSWER ME?!! he said all in one go as he looked around for a sign of Monu.

Aneesh bent a little, trying to catch his breath, "WHERE THE HECK IS MONAMI?!", Karan yelled at him as he gripped his arm harshly.

Aneesh: Mo-Monami, woh andar phaansi hui hai, I tried to save her but mein nahi kar paya! K-

He was cut off as Karan held his collars angrily, ready to fire his wrist through Aneesh's face but saving Monami was his priority right now. "what floor is she on?" he hissed as he sharply glared at Aneesh.

"fl-floor th-three" Aneesh stuttered as he lowered his gaze, Karan jerked Aneesh away and without thinking of anything else he ran towards the building and went inside it.

"Monami! MONAMI!" Karan called out as he dodged the falling items and flames and tried to get up the, extremely unsafe staircase. A hot and sharp metal rod fell, burning Karan's arm but he didn't care.

"Floor 3" he read out a halfway burned sign as he jolted up the stairs and entered the door to the floor, "MONAMI! MONU!" he yelled out as he frantically looked around and walked through the floor, swerving past everything engulfed in flames."please god, meri monu ko kuch nahi ho sakta, usse mein nahi kho sakta!"- Karan prayed as he wiped the tears that had managed to escape his eyes.

Just then a frame fell to the floor, shattering the glass- Karan turned his head at the sound and saw her through the smoke, his dhadkan, laying there still, too still. The fear inside him increased by leaps and bounds, "Monami..." left his mouth as he skipped towards her, jumping over the things on fire.

He would not let the fire take her, he would not let someone he loved be snatched from his life once again. Karan went up to her side, lifted the heavy wood cane from off of her, he couldn't believe Aneesh had left her in this condition, he promised he would deal with that douchebag properly later.

Karan's lungs began to fill up with smoke, he couldn't breathe but again, he wouldn't be able to breath without her either. Karan bent to his keens and lifted her over his thighs, holding her close to himself. "Monami, ankhein kholo! Please! You cannot leave me" he hugged her as tears continuously fell out of his eyes.

Karan shook Monami and gently tapped her cheeks, she was trying to breath but her lungs were clogged too much with the smoke.

Karan ran his fingers through her hair, "kuch nahi hoga tumhe Monami, kuch nahi hone dounga mein" Karan said to her as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

He carried her up in his arms and tried to exit using the same path he'd entered, praying to god that Monami and him would be able to make it out of there alive...he hadn't even gotten the chance to tell her he loved her...then it struck his mind.

If he said the words she'd desperately been waiting to hear, maybe she'd respond? "Monami, listen to me...tumne mujhse kahan tha na that you love me? Haina? And meine maana kardiya tha...I'm sorry for that Monu, saach hai ke mein tumse pyaar karta houn, derr saara pyaar." he confessed to an unconscious Monu as he leapt through the floors and stairs.

"I love you Monami, I love you" he kept chanting in hopes she'd respond in some way.

They had successfully made it onto the first floor when the part of the building behind them collapsed, blocking them onto the stairwell, the glass window had already been broken, a firefighter spotted the two and called out for them to jump.

Karan didn't have much time to think, he sensed himself loosing consciousness so he took a deep breath, pecked Monami's forehead once again and holding her tightly in his arms Karan jumped onto the mattress that lay on the parking lot floor.

Everyone around them blurred out after that, "K-Karan" he heard her utter before both of them passed out.

"Karan had never been so scared of loosing something in his entire life, then again nothing in his life had ever meant as much to him as Monami did"

//To Be Continued//

========================

Thanks for reading! Please do drop in your views. 💜

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

~ Vera 🌸