Chapter 48: Little Broadcasts Make For Heartwarming Words

Start from the beginning

I just nodded. I knew we wouldn't be able to, and we weren't able to, but I didn't let it bother me. I was happy to be on stage because we were missing most of our promotions due to canceled broadcasts so I tried to look on the bright side so it wouldn't mess up my performance.

*****

-Saturday, February 19, 2022~11:53AM-

~Takashi's POV~

I sat in the car, just staring out the window. Suddenly I felt a hand grab mine. I looked over at the person who was sat beside me, Joon.

"I'm sorry you don't get to celebrate your birthday." He said.

I looked down before looking back up at him and flashing a fake smile. I may be on the quieter side but RC birthday parties were always so much fun and it was one of the few things that brought all the members together which was always an amazing site to see.

"It's okay." I responded through my fake smile.

I could tell he saw through my lie as he just squeezed my hand more.

"We're here." Our manager Woohyun said as the car was parked.

I looked out the window to see it was our practice room.

"The interview is at our own practice room?" I asked, raising a brow. I found it somewhat suspicious.

"Yeah, there's a lot of interviewers that go to idols practice rooms." Barae spoke as if that was a common thing.

Everyone acted like it wasn't odd but it was. Yet, it gave me hope. I found myself smiling as I expected to walk in and see all my RC members shouting happy birthday. So I walked up to the door confidently, only to find the practice room empty. A couple minutes later, camera crew and an interviewer arrived. It really was an interview and my heart sank. So much for high hopes.

---

After the interview, we thanked the staff and watched as they left. I started to gather my stuff and I heard our door open but didn't think anything of it as the camera crew were still leaving. But then when I turned around with all my stuff, I saw majority of our members standing in the room.

"Happy Birthday Takashi!" Everyone shouted.

I smiled wide and dropped my stuff. I hit my face as my adrenaline started to run from the hopeless emotion I had beforehand.

"Since your schedule is over, let's get this party started!" Kaoru shouted.

Everyone cheered and music started to play. Everyone started partying and the rest of my RC members started to file in as they joined the party. It was nice to actually have a party considering it was our promotions month. What a nice surprise.

*****

-Sunday, February 20, 2022~4:37PM-

~Minwoo's POV~

"Royal Colors on standby!" The Inkigayo staff called out.

"Time to cheer!" BunBun shouted, throwing his hand out first, the rest of us following by placing a hand on top of one another's

"Would anyone like to do the honors?" Gyutae asked. "It's our last one."

"Can I do it?" I asked.

I've always wanted to cheer but never got the opportunity since a lot of our broadcasts were cancelled.

Gyutae looked at me and smiled. "Of course you can hyung."

I smiled as I gathered my thoughts. "As one of the debuts, I had much better expectations for promotions. It sucked not being able to perform that much but every second I did, it was like a dream come true over and over. I hope the rest of you felt that way too. Although we didn't get to promote much, I know each one of us will get another chance whether it's together or not. But for now, let's go out there and make this last performance count. Royal Colors..."

"Fighting!" We all shouted, throwing our hands down.

Everyone seemed excited, taking my words to heart, as they gathered by the stairs to the stage.

"That was amazing, hyung." Gyutae said. "I think you really got to them."

I smiled. "I hope so."

Gyutae nodded and we joined the others at the stairs. We waited for our name to be called and when it did, we performed better than we had all month and I couldn't wait for another comeback.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! Sorry for only two chapters of promotions, I didn't realize majority of the broadcasts were cancelled during their month of promotions. But hey! It just let's me catch up faster lol. Speaking of which, now is the time to submit more characters if anyone wants to. I'll be releasing more probably next weekend (yes I'm thinking of updating this again that soon because I want their comeback already) Let me know if you plan on adding more characters! If you could submit them by Wednesday or Thursday, that would be great! Thank you and I hope you guys enjoyed. Biez!