Chapter 44

Ella's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. She must have gone for a run. I took a quick shower and changed into a black skirt and suit. We have a memorial service in the afternoon and it's been declared as a national day of mourning. I looked around, where is Sofia? She should be back by now.

I went to the breakfast table to find it empty. Sofia was sitting there in a black long sleeve dress that went just below her knee, reading a newspaper. "Where is the food?" I asked as I sat down.

"How are you feeling?" she asked me instead.

"I'm good, I will be fine. You?"

"I have never really been to a royal memorial service. Media annoys me, good thing we are not taking Zale. One less thing to worry about but other than that I'm good." She said finally putting down the paper she was reading.

"Ok, where's the food?" I said looking around no one was getting any food and honestly I was hungry.

"Ok then..." she said and signaled someone to come in. As soon as she did that there were a row of people walking in with food.

"What is all this?" I asked confused.

"All your favorites from Paris. Croissants from your favorite bakery, Macaroons from Angelica's, Oysters from the café you like, falafel sandwich, Chocolates you like, salted butter caramel, Baguette from the same bakery, French Hot Chocolate, Crepes from that place you love, Waffles and other pastries." She said with a smile.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I asked her with a smile as I took a bite of the macaroon. "Fuck this is...God!" I said moaning out.

"Yes, but just with love" she said and poured some hot chocolate. I took the hot chocolate and took a big gulp from it. "This is heaven"

"Happy Wedding Anniversary baby" she said leaning in and I kissed her. "I'm sorry I was busy yesterday and got late. This was going to be our dinner" she chuckled.

"Happy Wedding Anniversary Love and thank the gods you didn't go all extravagant." I said as I ate a croissant. "Thank you I love the surprise" I said stuffing my face with the croissant.

"Oh this is not the surprise just something's I knew you would like while I picked up your real surprise" she said and wiped something from the corner of my lips with her thumb and then put the thumb in her mouth. Fuck! She gave box that was nicely warped.

"Oh I got you something too." I got up and picked up the bottle of scotch I had bought for her. "Here you go" I said giving her the box. She smiled and looked at the box. As soon as she realized what it was her eyes went wide in surprise.

"You bought me a 1.9 million dollar bottle of whiskey? Macallan Fine and Rare 60-Year-Old 1926. What am I supposed to do with this?" she said with a wide smile.
"You drink it?" I said shrugging and chuckling lightly.

"Baby you don't just drink a beautiful 60 year old bottle of whiskey. I feel like my gift is dumb now." She said and gave me a kiss.

"I'm sure it's not dumb." I said and opened the box. It was a bottle of perfume. Nothing was written it to tell me what brand it was. I looked at her confused.

"Smell it" she said with a smile. I smiled back and sprayed the perfume on my wrist.

"This smells like... the café. It smells like the café I worked at" I said confused.

"It's what you smelled like the first time I saw you. Well not the first time I guess cause the first time was on the yacht apparently, the second in the café. That roses you had in the café mixed with coffee and chocolate." She with a smile.