1.

A/N: heyooooo!

So my readers have spoken and it's been decided that I will drop one chapter EVERYDAY!

This is heavily unedited (as always) but enjoy the first draft lol!

***

"I'm so lucky to have you," said Varun, kissing the side of my head. I awoke from my half-sleeping state against his chest. I took a swipe at the popcorn bucket he was holding away from me.

"I agree. Now give me the damn popcorn!"

"Not until you say it back to me."

"I just agreed."

"No, I want you to tell me something sweet."

I chuckled, kissing his cheek. "I'm incredibly lucky to have you in my life. Happy?"

"Not as genuine as I'd like it to be, but I'll take it." He handed me the popcorn and I smiled. We had put on a movie like we did every Friday night, our leftover Chinese take-out boxes on the floor. We snuggled inside a blanket on the couch together. It was my favourite time of the day.

He kissed my cheek and then my jaw. "How was work today, anyway?"

I paused the movie. "It was so bad. My supervising lawyer was amazing but today I was shadowing someone else and he was so rude. He literally just wanted me to be his coffee-maker person."

And I also quit for us today, I thought. I mean, I already had a backup job ready and everything—the interview at the florist had gone great and heck, I'd always loved flowers and it would be perfect to do something that wasn't so taxing.

Hopefully, the glimmer of excitement didn't show on my face.

Varun snickered and I pulled myself back into reality. "It's not funny!" I protested.

"I know, babe. But this is why I think it's best for you to relax and stay at home once we get married, you know."

There we go. He won't even know what hit him when I tell him. "Varun, I studied hard for this internship. I can't just give it up."

"Exactly, you studied so hard for so many years. Don't you deserve to relax?"

"Forever?"

"You can always come back to the field. You've just started. Give it a year or two and then you can go back. I want to be able to have you all to myself for a little while until that honeymoon phase goes away."

Varun knew all the right things to say. I pecked his chin. "I'll think about it," I said, trying so hard to keep the smile off my face. We'd had this discussion plenty of times, and all the other times I'd always said no or I'll think about it. But our marriage was looming ever so close and I had to think real hard about it.

In reality, I'd already taken the leap and quit the same day but I wanted to keep it a secret from him. It would be a surprise after we got married, on our first night, when I would tell him that we could do anything we wanted for a long while. He would be over the moon.

He began to kiss my neck and my collarbone and I leaned away from him a little bit, my back creaking.

"Not today, Varun," I whined with a pout. "I'm super tired. Tomorrow, I promise."

"All right." He leaned away.

"Are you mad?"

"No, I respect that, babe. I love you." I tilted my head up to kiss his lips.

"This is why you're the best."

"I know I am." His phone dinged and he took a glance at it before flipping the phone down.