CHAP.20

Not long after Ava went to sleep, Ray's phone started to ring.

He sat up to check who it was.
It was Lorenzo, Ray subconsciously stiffened by the name alone. The last time they called wasn't the best experience for the both of them.

It left Ray thinking about many things. He thought about how he left the gang without goodbyes, never contacted them not even for birthdays . He erased them from his life to build a better one for himself.

But he never thought about how it would affect them. Especially Lorenzo.
He and Lorenzo used to be inseparable  everywhere Ray went Lorenzo was not far away and vice versa . It has always been that way. And though Ray had moved on in his life he would always consider Lorenzo his brother.

"Hello." Ray said answering the phone.

" Meet me right now at the address I sent you. I won't have time to meet you later."  Lorenzo said not having time for formalities.

" Right now? It's almost 12 am." He said getting up.

" Raymond, you're the one that wanted to meet. I'm not the one affected if we don't." Lorenzo said.

But Ray was still stuck on the fact that Lorenzo had called him his full name.
That's the first time he'd heard him call him that and a small ache grew in his heart.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes." Ray said before hanging up.
He went over to we're Ava was sleeping and kissed her forehead before heading out her door.

Thankfully no one was awake so he didn't have to answer any questions.

His car had been delivered here about a week ago so he didn't have to take the bus or subway.

He went inside his black Audi and drove silently to the location.

He arrived after 20 minutes and parked right in front of the small caffe. It was not open but in front of it stood Lorenzo and Damon. Another gang member and ex friend of Ray's.

They both sat in front of the caffe talking among themselves.
" Hey." Ray said, pulling up a chair to sit.

The both just nodded their heads not responding to Ray's greeting.

"Enough with the bullshit greeting, get to the point. Why the hell did you call us?"
Damon said, sounding very irritated.

Day sighed but did as he was told.
" I called you guys so you could help me find someone. Since you guys are way bigger than you used to be I feel like you could help."

" Who do you want us to find?" Lorenzo asked.

" Have you heard of Ivan Alek?" Ray asked.

Both Lorenzo and Damon sat straighter at the mention of the name.

" Why you bringing him up?" Damon asked.

" Well someone I'm close with is being stalked by them and might have a target on their head. Ivan is working with someone and we need to figure out who." Ray stated.

" Man, we are not getting involved with Ivan. You on your own." Damon says standing up.

Lorenzo sighed but stayed seated.
" We can't physically get in touch with Ivan so there won't be much we can do but I'll see if anyone has been dealing with him and if they've seen him with someone in particular but that's about all I can do." Lorenzo says.

" Are you for real? That you gone go through all that trouble for a snake like him?" Damon fumed.

" Yeah but it's the only time I'm going to do so." Lorenzo says standing up.