CHAP.17

Outlaws

Once Cameron and Ace had left to get started with the plan. Ava on the other hand had locked her self in her room.

She had no idea how to she maintained calm the whole time. But it seemed that it was now that everything was sicking in.

She stared at herself in the mirror seeing nothing but a broken soul. No one could see it yet but Ava was on the verge of breaking. Every failure and injustice that had happened throughout her whole life roamed in her mind.

She held on tightly to her desk letting out a broken cry. She tried covering her mouth hoping that no one could hear her.

But just outside her door stood Ray. He hoped that she would come out and talk or at least let her in. But if not he was willing to sleep outside the door just to make sure that she was alright.

He quickly stood alerted by the sound that came from her room. " Ava darling are you alright?" he asked in a worried tone.

She couldn't bare Ray seeing how broken she really was so she answered the question as normally as she could.
" I'm fine." She says.

Ray didn't believe her. No human being could be fine after finding out that they were being hunted by a mafia leader sent by their psychotic parents.

He tried opening the door and surprisingly it wasn't locked. He'd assumed that she would have locked it but the door slid open without a problem.

As he walked inside he found Ava hanging on tightly to her desk as she was hyperventilating. Tears streamed down her eyes. And her lips trembled trying to hold in the cry.

" Please go, I don't want you to see me like this." She whispered looking down.

He cautiously walked closer not wanting to invade more of her privacy.
" like what?" He asked

" Weak." She answered.

Ava was holding on tightly to her desk hoping that it would help her get on her feet but at this moment the only thing she wanted to do was fall. She wanted to fall into the deepest darkest ends of her mind, where no one's else would be able to get her. She wanted to stay there where she was strong and wouldn't cry.

And she did her knees betrayed her and she buckled down falling on the ground. She let out a loud sob while covering her mouth.

Ray immediately ran to her and caught her limp body. " You are not weak." He whispered. " You are the strongest person I've ever met. Being faced with such a traumatizing moment but still being able to hold your ground. Being able to smile and laugh. You are so, so strong." He says.

" And I want you to always remember that. And in the days we're you can't I'll be there to remind you." He said, kissing her forehead.

She was silently sobbing on his shoulder taking in everything he said. It made her mad that he thought she was strong when all she could think about was disappearing. She didn't want to live anymore, at least not this life.

" I'm tired." She whispered.

" I'll stay here until you fall asleep." He said getting carrying her and gently paying her down on her bed.

A million thoughts flowed through his head. And one of them was how he could protect her. He could tell she had been through a lot; he didn't want her to be scared any more; he wanted her to feel safe and happy.

So he needed to do the one thing he promised himself to not ever do which was calling his ex-gang the outlaws . Back when Ray was younger he'd always seek attention from his dad or brother and when he wouldn't get it he would go on in about outside to get what his dad couldn't give.