CHAPTER 13: Fear

KIM'S POV

Finally, Porchay responded to me. I thought he was gonna run away from me again but luckily, he didn't. I still won't tell him what I feel but it's just hard that we both parted ways like that. I won't forbid him from getting close to my cousin or his friends, it's his nature, he's friendly. I won't lock him up with his feelings for me when I can't give it back to him yet. All I want is for us to be on good terms, so it won't be hard for either of us to move on.

Porchay might meet someone better, but I'll take back what's mine.

I went home and brought Pa's favorite food but he's not in his room yet so I roamed around. I checked all the cupboards but everything's locked. Not until I managed to open one. I saw some files and something weird. What's this for?

I suddenly heard footsteps so I placed everything back and held the food I got for him.

"Oh, Kim. What brought you here?" We both sat down in the couch.

" I happened to run some errands around here so I brought your favorite food and just passed by." Pa just nodded.

" You know what's happening in the family, right?" I just nodded, everything that's happening here was reported to me by Big.

"So, what do you think?" I looked at Pa.

"I'm curious about what Pa thinks." He didn't react at all but I can see fear in his eyes. What are you afraid of Pa.

He just chuckled. I stood up and was about to head out.

" Aren't you gonna stay here for dinner?" Pa asked so I stopped for a moment.

"Nope, Oh anyways, I'll bring Porchay with me for a while." He stood up and walked towards me.

"What business do you have with Porchay?"

"Oh nothing, he's just my junior at school. Also, he's the brother of my brother-in-law, so why not take him out and have a walk."

"Right, I guess he's also bored here, at least I'll be at ease knowing that he's with you." I just nodded and waved him goodbye.

PORCHAY'S POV

It was a long day. I'm freaking exhausted. I just laid down in my bed. Macau and my friends invited me to hang out but I declined because my knees are weak after interacting with P'Kim. Not just him, but my nervousness when the teacher asked me to perform is still here.

*Knock*

"Come in,Khrup" I didn't get up because I'm too tired.

" Exhausted?" I immediately got up when I heard that it was P'Kim and sat in my bed.

"Khrup." I nodded.

" I was planning to walk you out but I guess we'll just stay here. You can lay down, but don't just sleep yet we still have to talk." I then followed what he said.

"I heard you were hanging out with my cousin."

"Oh, yeah, he comforted me when I was so down so he became my friend, we're also at the same age and go to the same school, any problem with that P'Kim?" What am I rambling about? Porchay, get yourself together.

"Nothing, it's better that you're now hanging out with your friends and not drinking at the bar." Oh no, he mentioned it. We were both angry that time and that day didn't end well for the both of us.

"So, what are we gonna talk about Phi?"

"Us." I am confused.

"Ha?" I looked at him.

" We didn't end everything well. I wanted to say sorry about everything. For giving you false hopes...-"

"Oh, let's not talk about that for now, P'Kim. Let bygones be bygones. We're talking now and I guess that's good for the both of us, right?" He just nodded. I avoided his eye contact and just stared at the ceiling.

" So we're both good now? We can move forward with our lives."

"Khrup."

" I'm sorry If I can't tell you anything. It's just -"

"It's okay, P'Kim. Just tell me when you're ready." I smiled at him. The wounds inside me are still fresh. I'm not ready to add another scar, I'll try to understand them and just wait.

He then nodded.

" I'll just visit you, If I have time. Get some rest now." He stood up and walked towards me so I sat back down.

" Khrup, P'Kim." He messed my hair up and left the room.

As he closed the door, I crashed back down. I sighed heavily, it felt like a thorn was pulled out from me. Hopefully, this will help both of us to move on.

***

Kids nowadays are scaring the shit out of me. What does that son of mine know? I can control his brothers but him, hell no. I can't.

I can tell what my sons are thinking except for him. He knows something that not everyone knows. His actions are unpredictable and I don't know what his plans are. I guess, he really was the perfect copy of his grandfather.

I called on of the guards.

"Look after him."

"Khrup." He bowed then left.

(A/N: Sorry for taking so long. I'm currently editing the POVs, those with asterisk are still a mystery but I'll label some that are obvious. Feel free to drop your suggestions and what you think about this chapter. What will happen to Kim and Porchay? Will they reconcile or not? Hope y'all like today's update <3 )