Chp.5 - Must Hate The Suspicion

pic of natalia's dad above !!!!

( bradley cooper )

....................................................

A day after the anniversary of Natalia's mothers'death, she still wasn't over it. After school, she immediately went home; not wanting to bother putting up with her roomate, Ally. It's not that she didn't like Ally, it's just that every time she went to her dorm, Ally would be ready to give her the deets about what happened that day. Her personality was bubbly-- a little too bubbly, and Natalia didn't really like hyper people.

Right now, Natalia was curled up in her dad's lap staring down at the carpeted ground. It's hard to be happy when the most important person in your life is gone, and right now, Natalia wasn't happy at all. She was greiving. Every year when the time came around all she would do is sit in her room, crying, eating ice cream, and watching Netflix. She never really had the guts to visit her mother's grave... She felt that she was wrong that she never visited her.

Natalia sat up and wiped her eyes. "You okay, sweetie?" Natalia looks down at her father and smiles a lazy smile. She nods her head softly.

"I think I'm ready to do something I haven't done in a long time." Natalia said quietly and smiled down at her dad once again. Chase looked at her with a confused expression but before he could ask the phone rang.

Natalia sighed and got up, walking quickly towards the kitchen; where the phone was currently ringing. "Hello?" She asked.

"Do you want to do something today?" Natalia heard Jeremy's raspy voice through the phone. It sounded like he had just woken up.

"Umm.. I can't. I'm going somewhere with my dad today." Natalia said truthfully. Of course she wanted to go out with her boyfriend and spend the day with him, but honestly, she wasn't in the mood.

"Oh," He commented with disappointment. "Well okay, how about tomorrow?" He asks.

Natalia smiles. "Sure." Jeremiah said a quick 'K' and goodbye then Natalia hung up.

"What was I saying again?" Natalia asked as she made her way over to couch again where her father was.

"You said something about doing something you haven't done in a while?" Chase suggests. Natalia bites the inside of her cheek, trying to think of what she was trying to tell him before she got interrupted by the phone call.

"Oh yeah! I want to see mom." Natalia confesses and Chase looks up at her with a happy smile on his face. He stands up and wraps his arms around Natalia's waist. Natalia leans her head into her fathers' chest and breathes in his cologne. A few minutes later, Chase pulled away and Natalia smiled sweetly at him.

"Okay," He says. "Let's go, pumpkin."

--

It was sad the way that her mother passed away. Natalia was in preschool when she died, only five years old.

She came home from school one day and her and her father drove to her mother's job to pick her up from work. Right before they were about to enter the building, the tower blew up when the plane crashed unexpectedly. It was horrible. Natalia ran inside the building but her father kept calling her repeatedly, to get out of the building. But Natalia wouldn't listen. She kept running and running, until she saw her mother lying on the ground with blood surrounding her. She looked so pale. She looked... dead.

Every time Natalia thought about the way her mother looked when she was laying on the floor she grimaced. She cried. She hated herself. She thinks that she's the reason that her mom died. Why? Because the day her mother died it was Natalia's birthday. Her mom was going to work to pick up a cake that one of her fellow work friends baked. And then she never returned.

Natalia hated her birthdays. When Jeremy took her out on her birthday, she pretended to be happy. Unfortunately, Jeremiah didn't even know what happened to her mother. She just never had the guts to tell him.

Chase and Natalia sat besides her grave quietly while staring at the ground.

"Hi mom," Natalia gave a humorless chuckle then smiled. "I miss you so much. Oh and guess what? Jeremiah took me ice skating on my birthday... Something I've always wanted to do," Then she frowned. "But my birthday doesn't even feel like my birthday anymore." She shrugs her shoulders and looks away, shutting her eyes softly. "I miss you, mom." Natalia turned to face her dad. "Your turn dad." She smiled again and he smiled reassuringly at her.

"Hi, Karen." Chase smiled and folded his hands in his laps.

They took the rest of the morning saying what they had to say to Karen. When they reached home, Chase explained that he had an important business trip to attend to. He said it was an emergency. He laughed sadly when Natalia told him not to get caught in a tower.

Natalia was currently sitting in her bed with her apple laptop in front of her. She sighed and closed it, rubbing her face in her hands.

The doorbell rang, and Natalia muttered under her breath. She reached downstairs and opened the door, revealing Caden.

"Um...Yes?" She asked uncertainly.

"Hi." He shoved his hands into his pockets and smiled. Natalia looked at him suspiciously and motioned for him to come in when she realized that it was freezing cold outside.

"Sorry." She tried to hide her blush but Caden saw it before she could hide it.
"So um, what's going on?" She asked before he could say something about her blushing.

"Party?" He asked. Natalia looked strangely at Caden and he grinned mischeviously.

"What?" She asked indolently.

"There's a party. At your house." Natalia's jaw dropped open and she continued to stare at him with disbelief.

"At my house?" She clenched her jaw and took a deep breath. Before he got the chance to answer, the doorbell rang and a bunch of people came tumbling through the door. Natalia could retaliate, but not with all these people here.

"I'm going to murder you." Natalia said sternly. Caden grinned and shrugged his shoulder. Without another word, he walked away.

weeesuuupdisssmeeeh! lol .

hey guys! my head hurts like crap right now so this chapter might be a little crappy. but whatever, i hoped you enjoyed!

1. did this chapter shock you?
2. do you think natalia will party or be the party pooper?
3. do you like Chase?