Chp.22- Must Hate The Rumors

PLEASE IGNORE ANY TYPOS/ MISTAKES/SENTENCES AND/OR WORDS THAT DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE. THANKYOU

** P.S: THIS CHAPTER IS GOING BACK TO NATALIA'S POV***

don't forget to COMMENT VOTE , & SHARE!

................... .................. ..................

She waved her hands repeatedly in front of his face but he wouldn't budge. His eye was black and his cheek looked bruised and swollen. She had no idea why Veronica even called her to inform her about what happened, but she had to admit that she sad extremely glad that Veronica actually did call her.

Then suddenly, his eyes fluttered open and he blinked a couple of times, adjusting to the bright light that was on the ceiling.

To say that she didn't feel relieved that he was alive would be a complete understatement.

She shot him a half-smile and waved at him and he weakly returned the gesture. Natalia turned around to the doctor that was sitting on the blue stool.

"How long will he be staying here?" She asked him curiously. He looked at Caden with eyes full of concern, as he observed him.

"Maybe a couple of days, weeks, but no longer than that. He just shattered his knuckles, got a black eye, and maybe a broken jaw. Was he in another fight before he got knocked out?" The doctor asked her and she shrugged her shoulders in return.

"Not that I know of." She replied truthfully. She bit her lip and thought; what if he actually did get in a fight with someone?

"Yes," Veronica sat up and cleared her throat. "With her ex-boyfriend." She glared at Natalia, as if she was the reason why he was in the hospital. If looks could kill, she'd probably be dead by now.

"Interesting. Well just by looking at him, you can tell that he was beat up pretty bad. He'll be fine though." The doctor assured. Natalia relaxed her shoulders and said a quick 'thanks' before grabbing her bag and slinging it across her shoulder.

"Have a good day, Veronica." She said with fake kindness before walking out of the room. She didn't know why, but she hated that woman with a passion and she couldn't stand her presence or even being in her presence.

--

"Have you heard what happened?!" Hailee asked excitedly as she slung her bag over her shoulder. Natalia rolled her eyes at her sudden burst of energy.

"No, Hailee, what happened?" She responded lazily. The two were heading towards class; Natalia was dreading that though because Jeremiah was in there and she was currently giving him the silent treatment.

"Jeremiah almost got kicked out of school!" Natalia nearly fainted when she heard the news. Her mouth dropped to an 'O' as she pulled the door open.

"Kicked out? Wh- how?" She asked, aghast. Was it because of the fight? Maybe that's why Caden looked so bad in the hospital.. did Jeremiah really beat him THAT badly?

"Rumor said that Jeremiah beat 'em to a pulp." Hailee stated simply. Natalia's eyes widened as she took in the news.
Fortunately, Jeremiah wasn't in the classroom. His consequences must have been bad. Just then, she felt her phone buzz and she pulled it out of her pocket.

Caden: Doctor said that I'll be out in about 3-4 days.

Natalia smiled at herself and quickly typed a response.

Natalia: That's great! How's your jaw doing? :( . Heard that Jer beat you up pretty bad :P

She set down on her phone and glanced over at Hailee who was also on her phone. Ever since Ms. Snapphywhether been sick, Alec would let the class have free periods every dat. If only it could be that way for the rest of the year, if only.