"I know you didn't do this...I know you'd never do something like this. I know you'd never want to do something like this." All the thinkers servicing my head were working twice as hard. "But sometimes...demons fall prey to their natural instincts. Their urges take over, and they can't...help it. What you experienced...so many others did too, even Victor."

       "I thought I'd be able to control them angel..."

        I snuck my fingers under his jaw to make him look at me. "I'll make sure you're able to control them soon...we'll get help. It's okay."

        I humped my hands around his face—certain that no one was around—before kissing him on the lips.

        "An' I thought you were the careful one..," Mammon whispered as he repeated the kiss a good few times, each time better than the last.

         Up until footsteps were heard moving up the creaky stairs, we continued. The raven-haired didn't seem to notice, but I could see a brown-haired man going up them, his back mercifully gawking at us. Damn it. Damn it! I shoved him backwards, resulting in him hitting the metal railing with a groan, as my back collided comfortably with the cream wall.

         "Oh- Danny! I haven't seen you in ages." The attractive man, looking to be in his mid-thirties, smiled, lifting the red luggage higher so as not to mark the stairs. He had light brown hair falling over his arctic eyes, hollow cheeks, and a jawline too chiselled to be non-fiction.

          "Fu-" He corrected his sitting position. "Hey- Mr Jäger, you back from Lond'n so quick?"

         "You still don't know how to call me Felix..." His chuckle was a lot deeper than his voice, "But to answer your question, yes, I had to. My boy doesn't like being away from his dad for too long."

         He had a son? I would have never guessed.

         "Fabian's at his mom's, isn' he?"

         "Yes, and from what I can tell, the kid absolutely hates it. His stepbrother keeps touching his legos apparently."

        The two of them laughed before Felix gazed at me. He had on a short grey trench coat over his black turtleneck. "And what's your name? I don't think I've ever seen you around."

         "Luka, I'm Dante's cousin. My mom sent me to stay with him for a while, unfortunately," I answered, screwing up my face at Mammon to better the facade. "Do you need help...with your luggage?"

         "Well you're certainly nicer than Danny, but no, it's not too heavy." The brown-haired man started up again. "I'll get going now, I have a lot to unpack and need to get some rest before I collect Fabian. It was nice meeting you, Luka."

        I stood up and pressed my back against the wall, allowing him to pass with his red luggage easily.

        "You might need to babysit Fabian soon, Danny. I wouldn't want your babysitting skills to get rusty," Felix remarked as he patted the raven-haired on his shoulder before fishing for the keys in his pocket.

        "Dunno about that. Wouldn't want Fabian to like me more than his dad."

         The man released a laugh before saluting us, and going into his apartment right of ours. I waited until the front door let his frame past to sit back down, sighing happily. "I'm still the careful one, Mammon."

         "Yeah...thanks for shoving me into the fuckin' railings."

        "I had to!" The pair of us laughed.