Chapter 7: She's Important To You

Tighten Up
~ The Black Keys

"Livin' just to keep goin'
Goin' just to be sane
All the while not knowin'
Such a shame
I don't need to get steady
I know just how I feel
Tellin' you to be ready
My dear"

"Livin' just to keep goin'Goin' just to be saneAll the while not knowin'Such a shameI don't need to get steadyI know just how I feelTellin' you to be readyMy dear"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER 7: SHE'S IMPORTANT TO YOU

        When Nadine opened her eyes, she was in Five's bed at the academy. She was changed into a fresh pair of pajamas and the covers were pulled to her chin. The girl swung her legs over the side and groaned as she felt pulling on her side. She lifted up the buttoned top slightly and spotted the purple bruise across it.

        She hissed and closed her eyes as the sting in her head pounded into her skull. Nadine used her free hand to prop herself up before she felt a hand push her back down. "You need your rest, Pogo just finished up with you." The man reached towards the desk next to Five's bed and grabbed a glass of water, making her drink it.

        Nadine blinked a few times, trying to get her vision to focus. It was Luther. "What's a Pogo?" The man laughed a small amount but his sad eyes was all she could focus on. "He gave you some pain killers which should kick in in the next few minutes, so just lay back and let it do it's work."

        Nadine shook her head, rubbing the bandage covering her head lac. "I'm fine. I need to get out of here." She stood up, feeling a little less light headed now.

        She walked over to his dressers but could only find his school uniforms. Luther followed her, protesting against leaving. She sighed, shaking her head. "Guess I'm sticking with the pajamas."

        Footsteps walked over to the room they were in. Luther looked behind her, an awkward smile making its way to his face. "Nadine." The girl turned around quick, grabbing the sides of her pajama pants. His voice. She took in a shakey breath before marching over to him.

        Five raised an eyebrow when she came face to face with him. The girl smiled darkly before lifting a hand and punching him in the shoulder. "Fuck you, Five. Fuck you!" Her smile dropped as she continued to hit him, tears forming in her eyes. "I waited for you!"

          He grabbed onto her wrists and watched her in concern. "Luther, leave." The taller man walked out of the room and left them alone. Nadine shook her arms, trying to break free from his grip. "I waited for you, Five!"

        The boy stared at her with guilt shining at the corner of his eyes. "Where were you!? I waited, just like you said." Her tears made her cheeks red as her sobs turned gentler.

        Five walked them over to his bed and sat her down before taking a seat beside her. He rubbed her back as she wiped her eyes with her sleeves, her face covered by hair.