Chapter 10: You Better Not Die

Devil for the Fire
~ Vundabar

"Laid waste crater face
Humming up the highway
Head becomes the hand becomes the knife becomes the mind
Hazmat-psychic-suit sweeping through the siding
I wanna be reborn, but how many times do I gotta die?

Begone
Demons begone"

CHAPTER 10: YOU BETTER NOT DIE

        "Harold Jenkins?" Allison read the name off the piece of paper with a confused tone. "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego questioned Five as the boy chugged some more of the coffee in his hand. "Hey, take it easy. Your stomach is gonna hurt." Nadine spoke to the boy who glared back at her lightly before throwing the cup behind them.

        "I don't know. Yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now." Five told the group in a serious tone. Nadine felt a chill go down her back as she looked around, her nose scrunching up. Something's... off.

        "How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked. "I don't know." Five answered, shaking his head. "Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego stepped forward as he spoke. Nadine felt another chill. It felt like they were being watched. Wren isn't here to check it out for her.

        "That's enough." Five nodded with a grimace. "There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city." Diego reminded the group. "Well, we better start looking, then."

        Allison gave the group a dirty look. "I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Five gritted his teeth, breathing a little heavier. Nadine grabbed onto his shoulder and looked at him in worry. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

        "Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?" Klaus nodded at Five sarcastically. "Oh yeah, I think I remember those guys." Nadine smiled sadly at him. "Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk." Nadine's eyes widened as she slowly turned her head to face Five, scoffing.

        "I was being bitch slapped and scalped by a woman and her pet dog while you were off getting hammered!?" Five smiled apologetically at her before clearing his throat. "Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth."

        "The Temps what?" Allison asked while she crossed her arms over her chest. "My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens." Nadine scoffed and crossed her arms. "And to think, my first job was at Wolfman Pizza." She rolled her eyes and he sarcastically smiled at her.

        "They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. Protect Harold Jenkins. So he must be responsible for the apocalypse." Five explained his theory to them, his eyes jumping in between them as he spoke.