Chapter 2: So You See, It's Destiny

Andromeda
~ Weyes Blood

"Andromeda's a big, wide open galaxy
Nothing in it for me except a heart that's lazy
Running from my own life now
I'm really turning some time
Looking up to the sky for something I may never find

Stop calling
It's time to let me be
If you think you can save me
I'd dare you to try"

Stop callingIt's time to let me beIf you think you can save meI'd dare you to try"

CHAPTER 2: SO YOU SEE, IT'S DESTINY

        Five and Nadine walked silently back to her apartment. He occasionally stole glances at her, trying to figure out what she was plotting - if she was plotting anything. She looked like an ordinary 16 year old girl.

        Her hair was messy and she had mascara covering her eyes, but no other makeup that he could tell. There was something mature about her, though. An energy that came only from years of life experience.

        She lifted her arms as they walked up the steps to her apartment, making sure the groceries didn't knock on the ground. "No I don't. Stop." She spoke to the air in front of them. She turned to her left and noticed him watching her before smiling awkwardly and unlocking her door.

        They walked into her studio and set the groceries across the floor of her kitchen. She didn't get any frozen or cold things so they'll probably stay sitting there until the morning. He noticed that she didn't have many things in her apartment. He saw a mattress on the floor and a pop up table in the corner. The mattress didn't even have a blanket, just a sheet.

        She was on the second floor and her window was left slightly open. "You shouldn't leave your window open like that." He spoke, pushing his hands into his pockets. He walked over to the window and looked down at the fire escape.

        "What happens if I leave it open? Someone comes in and steals all of my valuable and priceless items?" She crossed her arms over her chest, and watched him walk around. "Or someone comes and steals you." He shrugged his shoulders as he spoke nonchalantly.

        "Or that, yeah." She nodded, going over to the window and shutting it. The corner of his lips twitched upwards for a second before focusing on a shelf to the side of her. It was filled with candles, incense, and a variety of crystals. He noticed a few books on divination, palm reading and tarot.

        "I'm not a crazy person, I just have some stuff wrong with me. And I think you might have some stuff wrong with you as well." Five tilted his head slightly and pursed his lips. "What do you mean wrong?"

        Nadine looked to the space beside him and started to walk towards it. She reached her hands out and that's when he saw the person she had been speaking to. He jumped slightly, not expecting anything this unusual.