Versus

A cold breeze blew over a snowy barren. Soft snowflakes fell silently to the icy ground. From out of the shadows came a metallic figure, dressed in white. His ice shone through the darkness. As he walked, the wind whipped around him, and the snow covered his path. This strange figure was not affected by the fatal cold, yet still seemed uneasy, as though he couldn't find his way.

Suddenly, the ground crumbled beneath him, dropping him into a frozen cavern. He lost his arm in the process, while hitting against several rocks along the side of the cave. Surprisingly, he got to his feet rather quickly, re-attaching his arm like it was nothing. He glanced round, his eyes scanning ever nook and cranny of the place.

At that moment, a fearsome roar echoed within the cavern. A dragon of ice emerged, tied down by thick metal chains, and charged towards the metallic figure. He gasped, as the dragon roared in his face again. His eyes found their way to a small hole in the ceiling. Looking away, he could see the anger in the dragon's cold eyes. But from the outside of the cavern came a voice, sweet and gentle, yet filled with distress.

"Zane, can you hear me? Wake up!"

He looked up again to the hole in the ceiling. A falcon stood there, watching him intently. The voice came again.

"Zane, if you can hear me, you need to wake up! You need to wake up!"

********

Zane's eyes fluttered open. He recognised the cell almost immediately. He sighed.

"It was only a dream."

"It amazes me how you dream. I've always wondered what its like."

The voice! It was here! He looked to a small window of sorts, high on the wall beside him, and blocked off by thick bars. A strange glow emitted from it.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"I'm... Pixal. A friend. And you're in danger, and have to get out of here. Your memory drive is out of sorts, and your elemental power-"

"Elemental... power?" he asked to himself.

"You're a Nindroid Zane, a ninja! And you have to remember who you are. Your friends are here to save you, but they can't do it all! You have to remember who you are!"

"Friends?"

"Remember Zane! You saved your friends, then rebuilt yourself. There are things about you that you don't understand, but if we're ever going to get out of here, you have to remember who you are."
He glanced around the room again. Two little spiders peaked his attention. Their purple tone and skull symbol seemed..familiar. Like he'd seen something like that before. And that girl's voice. Could it be...?

"Pixal? We are...compatible?"
"Yes Zane. Yes we are. Now, we have to get out of here."

********

"Are you sure?"
"Positive. If we all want to get through our first rounds, we have to be ready. So, are you in?"

Y/n sighed anxiously. Of course she wanted to be ready, but something was....frightening about the whole thing. She wasn't sure why, but it was. Yet she knew she couldn't avoid it. She sighed, before nodding in a agreement.

"Good. We can start training after breakfast."

They grabbed their trays, and joined the queue at the counter. They watched as Garmadon was refused dessert.

"There's a valuable lesson here son. If you turn on your evil Sensei in an effort to go straight, you may not be served creamy biscuits."

Y/n was trying really hard not to laugh at that line.