***

Jungkook's eyes flew open when he heard a humorless laughter echo through the room.

It was Jimin who was laughing as tears streamed down his eyes while staring at the ceiling like a programmed robot.

Jungkook didn't waste another second and rushed towards the laughing boy.

"Jimin."

"I guess I'm only getting fucked, huh? Couldn't even die from a four story fall." Jimin said without any emotion.

Jungkook knelt in front of the boy and took his hands in his own. "You're precious Jimin. I know you've been through things no one should ever, but look where you are now. Endured everything that was thrown your way. Don't throw your life away now Jimin, not when you have people who'd do anything to bring you the peace you need and deserve, not when you have people who actually love you." Jungkook's voice broke towards the end. He was aching for the beautiful boy in front of him. Oh so beautiful, so fragile yet so strong, so precious.

"Why are you doing this Jungkook?" Jimin muttered, finally tearing his gaze from the ceiling to look towards Jungkook. "Why are you trying to help someone as broken as me? I'm beyond repair Jungkook. I'm just a broken doll. It just hurts to exist now." Tears never stopped escaping his crescent moon like eyes, now red and puffy. His now swollen lips, trembling a little.

Jungkook brushed a blonde lock away from Jimin's forehead, "You're not a doll Jimin. You're a human who is feeling all the emotions one would in this scenario. Jimin, I want you to acknowledge all you are feeling. You can cry, break things if you want, we can even go for a walk, but I want you to stop loathing yourself. Let me help you Jimin. Let me walk with you from here on. I'll make this pain go away, I promise. Please." Jungkook's tears finally escaped his doe eyes as he pleaded with Jimin.

"Will I ever get better, Jungkook? Will I stop hurting in my heart? Will I be normal?" Jimin asked between his soft sobs.

The sight and the questions were heart wrenching. Jungkook pressed his forehead on Jimin's hands. "You are normal Jimin. There's nothing wrong with you. You have to believe that. You've just been played, but not anymore Jimin. I won't let them hurt you, ever."

"Why?" Jimin simply asked. He couldn't understand why Jungkook so desperately wanted to help Jimin, why he wanted to be with Jimin.

Jungkook did want to say what his heart whispered to him but he'd wait till he was sure. Till Jimin actually would understand him, trust him. So instead he replied, "Because I need a friend in this maze of mafias and I'm a psychotherapist too." With a soft smile on his lips.

Jimin chuckled a little, he wasn't sure why. It was just funny that someone wanted to be his friend. What was having a friend like? He never knew. He never had one. But he liked the idea of having a friend. Maybe he'd try just this once. If things still hurt like it does now, he'd take the easy way out. No more semicolons.

"Jungkook. Am I your friend now?" Jimin hiccupped between his sniffles.

"If you'll allow me to be yours." Jungkook wiped the tears of the elder with the pad of his thumb. The words Jungkook utter held so much meaning, but that was for the day when hearts were less heavy, minds clearer.

Jimin smiled. His beautiful eyes turning crescent moons and his crooked teeth on display. The corner of his eyes crinkling a little. That beautiful face with the eye smile. Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat and then beat faster. It was the first time he saw him smile like this. Nothing malicious, nothing seductive, nothing secretive. Just pure and bright. Jungkook could feel his heart light up at the smile.

Probably it was at that moment that his resolution to help and protect Jimin was cemented. Or maybe it was way before but he just realized. But it was that eye smile that had him swear to the Gods above that he'd do anything for Jimin. But who's to say what fate would bring.

"We're friends then Kookie." Jimin tightened his grip on Jungkook's hand, still smiling.

"D-did you call me Kookie?" Jungkook mentally smacked himself for stuttering but the nickname made his heart as colorful as a Rainbow.

"You don't like it?" Jimin pouted with a tiny crease between his eyebrows. He just didn't want to be formal with his new found friend. Minho had a nick name too after all.

"I-I think it's cute." All Jungkook focused on was the nickname. Kookie. He liked the ring of it out of Jimin's tongue.

"Kookie it is then." Jimin giggled. Boy did Jungkook think he'd have a heart attack. What was happening? Jungkook absolutely loved the sound of it. Music to ears.

"Are you gonna give me a nickname too, Kookie?" Jimin asked innocently. Jimin looked into Jungkook's doe eyes that were wide and looked back at him. Jimin thought Jungkook was cute like this. His doe eyes, sharp but somehow still soft facial features, his tied hair, his mole under his lips, those bunny teeth. He was cute and very beautiful.

Jungkook stared at Jimin for a couple seconds and muttered lowly, almost as a whisper, "Mochi".

Jimin heard it though.

"What? Mochi? Oh my lord Kookie. That's funny. No." Jimin laughed at that. Who calls a person Mochi? That's ridiculous. But little did he know, the laughter that erupted from the ridiculousness gave Jungkook a reason to be more ridiculous. Only so that he could hear Jimin laugh more. Always.

Jimin winced as he laughed hard at the name which pulled Jungkook out of his dazed state. He immediately tightened his grip on Jimin and looked for discomfort on Jimin's face.

"Careful, you're healing." Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hand. "Rest now ok. I'll bring us food and wake you up. You should get better so that we can go out and have fun."

Jimin was tired, so he just nodded at that and closed his eyes, only to snap it open when he felt Jungkook's grip loosen on him.

"D-don't go." There was so much vulnerability in his voice.

Jungkook wouldn't just deny such a request. He'd hold the boy till he fell asleep, so he slowly pulled the chair with his free hand and sat there beside Jimin.

Jimin closed his eyes again feeling comforted by the younger beside him and soon enough soft snores could be heard leaving his mouth.

Dark blonde hair splayed on the pillow and some stuck on his forehead, skin soft like porcelain, puffy eyes from all the crying, lines of little freckles under his eyes, his now chapped plump lips agape. He looked like an angel sleeping peacefully.

Jungkook couldn't help but smile with a lone tear escaping his lid, at the angelic figure that held his hands while sleeping.

Oh how he was falling so hard and so fast.

A/N 

AND I'M BACK AFTER A LITTLE BREAK. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU COULD FEEL THIS CHAPTER BUT IT IS CLOSE TO MY HEART. HOPE Y'ALL WILL LIKE IT. 

UNTILL NEXT PART, SPREAD LOVE. LOVE YOURSELF. YUUNA LOVES YOU. ❤