17

Jungkook ran down the hall, towards the Art Room, in hope to salvage whatever he could of the boy that's been wrecked beyond his limits

For 18 fucking years.

He burst open the door to the Art Room. His earlier suspicion was only confirmed itself as shards of Soekjin's clothes lie on the floor, with an unconscious Jimin with duct tape over his mouth.

Jungkook rushed over to the boy, immediately putting two of his fingers over Jimin's jugular to find his pulse faint. He was barely breathing too.

Jungkook didn't waste any time to rip open the duct tape that was on Jimin's mouth as he shouted for Skull to help him.

"Get me the keys to these chains, and prepare the clinic immediately." Jungkook ordered Skull frantically, pacing back and forth.

"But, Young Boss - " Skull tried objecting to the younger but was immediately cut off by a growl-like voice.

"You do as I say, or I'll smash your skull right here, right now." Jungkook seethed.

An almost animalistic look on his face that threatened Skull to immediately rush and fetch the keys. Only seconds later a panting Skull arrived with the keys and handed them over to Jungkook.

Jungkook cooled himself down within those few seconds. He freed Jimin of those iron chains carefully but quickly and picked him up bridal style as he walked to the elevator with Skull following him at his tail. Skull pushed on the 5th floor button. It was an actual clinic for the members of the Snakes run by Soekjin.

Soekjin too happened to study medicine and was actually a surgeon before he became a torturer of the Snakes. A stark contrast of profession.

Jungkook arrived at the 5th floor after a few seconds, which actually felt like an eternity to him. He immediately rushed to the critical care chamber and kicked the door open. At this point his demeanor completely changed to clinical, cool and composed. He wasn't the younger brother of the King, not the boy who was falling - He was the Doctor - Jeon Jungkook. In a clinic to treat a critically hurt patient.

Jungkook patiently attached equipment around Jimin's body and looked over at the monitor to gather as much information as he could on Jimin's condition. He was slowly losing his cool as Jimin's heartbeat was getting more faint. He took a deep breath in, and started performing CPR. Jimin's already broken ribs weren't helping, but Jungkook wasn't giving up. It was after three minutes of CPR that Jimin's heartbeat steadily started increasing. Jungkook attached the oxygen mask to Jimin's face to facilitate his breathing better.

Jungkook sighed as in his heart he knew, it was just the tip of the iceberg. The greater storm was yet to come.

He checked every inch of Jimin's body for the next 3 hours. Blood samples, x - rays, scans, you name it.

He pulled the chair beside Jimin's bed and slumped on it. Exhaustion would be an understatement, but Jungkook was not going to rest. Not when this beautiful boy in front of him, who was lying peacefully on these white sheets, was actually fighting his death.

Jungkook carded his hands through Jimin's dirty blonde locks, now sticky and tangled, from all the sweat, water and blood. His own tears slid down his face as his heart broke, looking at every injury the beautiful human had to endure.

"I'll find the real you. I'll walk with you. I Promise." Jungkook intertwined his pinky with Jimin's stubby little finger.
Jungkook was staring at the beautiful face, one of his hands cradling Jimin's face while the other held his hand, when he heard a knock. He carefully placed Jimin's hand on the bed and walked out of the room.

"How's he?" Soekjin asked carefully as he stood beside the door, his eyes carrying a troubled look.

Soekjin wasn't a cruel soul. He might be a torturer, a person who was feared for his gruesome methods, but he was actually a very bubbly person to the people he loved and he deemed worthy, with a big heart full of kindness. He loved fishing with Yoongi, he would cook desserts for Taehyung just to surprise him. He would shop for everyone in the Snakes family every now and then. He also often donated money for abandoned children. So when Jimin's innocence came to light, it wasn't easy for him either. He went through all the classified tapes and documents Minho provided, not once or twice but several times.

His first reaction was to break one of the LED screens in the Studio. He yelled for solid one minute at Namjoon for his uncontrolled possessiveness and exhibitionism. Then he gathered V and SKZs, and down right rapped profanities for insufficient information on Jimin. He also went to the basement where he found Hobi huddled up to a tied up Minho. He knew about Hobi and Minho so decided best to give them some privacy. After a minute of respiration drill, he gathered his courage to actually go to the Clinic. How was he gonna face the innocent boy? Above all, how was he gonna face his baby Bun?

So, there he stood, in front of a tear stricken face, red tired eyes, with disappointment, anger, and most importantly heartbreak evident on his features.

Jungkook sighed at the elder's question. How is he? He looked at Jin, before leading him silently, to the small chamber with a desk and chairs, just next door to Jimin's room.

Jungkook pushed a blue file towards Jin with another deep sigh escaping his lips.
"Broken ribs, fluid in lungs, blot clot in brain, injury in esophagus and nasopharynx, fractured ankle. Those are just the recent. I don't wanna count the healed injuries from god knows how long." Jungkook's tone was clinical, yet wavering.

Seokjin flipped through the pages of the file, eyes wide in horror as he took sharp breaths. He placed the file carefully on the desk as he stood up and walked around the desk to Jungkook.

"We failed to recognise him, Bunny. I'm sorry this happened. We'll treat him, ok? Please don't look like this." Soekjin held Jungkook's hands as he pleaded, unable to swallow the look on the younger's face.

"We'll treat his physical injuries, yes. But I don't know what we can salvage of his mental injury, Hyungie. I'm scared." Jungkook looked at Jin with teary eyes.

"What do you mean Bunny?" Jin furrowed his brows in confusion at the younger's words.

"He is a sex addict Hyungie. And the beta blockers. And I'm guessing he has developed Stockholm syndrome as well. The reason he tried seducing or provoking you to have sex with him." Jungkook was letting his tears directly touch the floor as he hung his head low. He himself wasn't sure about his own feelings at that moment.

A tiny gasp left Soekjin's mouth as he wrapped his arms around the younger, rubbing soothing circles on his back. "I believe in you BunBun. You'll make him better while he is here. And I promise not to send him to that vile creature Doyun again. Unless he really wants to." Jin could only reassure, as guilt consumed his soul.

Jungkook hiccuped between his sobs and mumbled, "I'll put him in an induced coma, until his body completely recovers. He won't be able to take both mental and physical trauma together."

Soekjin hummed in response as he kept his attempt at comforting the younger.

"Broken, but I'll piece them together for you Jimin ssi. Trust me." Jungkook whispered to himself.

𝙰/𝙽
𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙶𝙽𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙰𝚆𝙰𝚈 𝙼𝚈 𝚂𝙾𝚄𝙻. :((
.
𝚂𝙿𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴. 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚂𝙴𝙻𝙵.