001: A Picnic Outing

Requested by FreshCupOfAnxie-Tea
_

Xavier and Cole sat side-by-side on Aunt Josephine's couch. Xavier was reading a book by his favorite author while Cole drew in his sketch book. Cole had been practicing with drawing with his other hand in order to be able to draw again, and it was working wonders. Xavier was so proud of Cole and he tried his best to show it, and yesterday Xavier had the wonderful idea to take him on a picnic date.

Everything was put together so all Xavier had to do was bring Cole, and the supplies, to the spot he had picked the day before. Xavier didn't know when the best time to take Cole out was and that made him play it by ear, but it was already past 2:15 pm so time was running out. Finally figuring there was no better time than now, Xavier spoke up in the quiet room that only held the two of them.

"Cole, I saw this really beautiful looking spot the other day and I wanted the two of us to go there today." He put his book down and looked towards Cole. "And have a picnic."

Cole stopped drawing and smiled at Xavier. "That sounds really nice, when do you want to go?"

"I was thinking... Now..." Xavier laughed lightly.

"This is so last minute! I mean, I'm not even dressed to go out, my hair is a mess, and I-"

Xavier cut his boyfriend off. "You look perfect. There is nothing wrong with your hair or your clothes."

"You're just saying that because you're my boyfriend." Cole pouted.

"And it means the most because I'm your boyfriend." He countered.

"Alright, fine, you win." Cole put his hands up in joking surrender. "Let's go."

_____________

"It feels like we've been walking for years, where are you taking me?" Cole whined, his feet beginning to hurt.

"You are such a big baby, it hasn't even been 15 minutes yet." Xavier rolled his eyes. "And besides, we're here now."

Cole adverted his eyes from Xavier and onto the scene in front of him. Flowers coated the grassy ground and butterflies flew around everywhere. Xavier grabbed Cole's hand, pulled him towards the flowery feild, and set up all of the picnic items; including the blanket.

After that, Xavier placed the picnic basket down and the two of them began to take food out and put it on the blanket. Once finished, both boys sat down and began to eat. This lasted 10 minutes before Cole layed down on his back and stared up at the blue sky filled with clouds.

Xavier noticed this and smiled, following Cole's actions. The two layed in silence for a little bit until one of them spoke up.

"Have you ever noticed that the clouds look like different things?" Cole questioned.

Xavier stared up at the clouds. "Huh, I guess they do."

"That one looks like a dog, that one looks like a castle, oh- and that one resembles icecream!" Cole pointed at various different clouds.

"Those ones over there look like flowers." Xavier joined in. "That one over there looks like a heart."

_____________

"Today was fun." Xavier yawns out with a stretch. "But we should probably get back to Aunt Josephine."

"Do we have to leave now? I don't wanna go yet." Cole whined, pulling Xavier into his arms.

"I guess a few more minutes wouldn't hurt." He smiled.

_____________

Look at this graph... *awkward silence*

*EDITED*