017: A Promise

Xavier walked out of the shop, placing his money and what he bought into his bag. A weary smile adorned his face, but he took deep breaths on his way back to Josephine Barry's house to calm his nerves.

Once he walked in, Cole was still at school. Xavier had yet to join a school because he had no idea what he wanted to do as a job, all he knew was he wanted to help kids.

On most days, Xavier would sit in Cole's room and wait for him or hang out with Josephine and Rollings. Today, though, the boy walked straight into his own room, opened his bedside table drawer, and placed the item he bought into it.

Not long after, about an hour or so later, Cole walked through the front door. A huge smile was plastered on his face and, after taking all of his things off, he ran over to Xavier to give him a hug. This surprised Xavier, as Cole isn't always this excited after he comes home from school.

"You seem happy today." Xavier laughed out, hugging Cole back.

"I am. I've been wanting to see you all day." Cole replied. "I wanted to bring you to this art museum."

"Really?" Xavier released the hug. "You didn't want to go with your art friends?"

"I'd much rather go with you." He told Xavier.

"Alright. Well, I'd be honored." Xavier bowed jokingly.

_____________

The two boys made their way out of the museum, laughing and smiling together. They got into the carriage that brought them there, and were about to tread home when Xavier suddenly tells Rollings to turn around and go to the clearing with all the flowers.

He obeyed, doing exactly what Xavier told him to. This left Cole with a confused expression and many questions, but Xavier told him nothing. This secrecy kept Cole on his toes, he tapped his foot in anxiety about where they were off to.

Eventually, after about ten minutes, the carriage stopped. This indicated their arrival, so Xavier looked around. He smiled and took a deep breath of air in.

"Thank you, Rollings. We'll be back in a minute." Xavier told him, grabbing Cole and exiting out of the carriage.

"Of course." Rollings replied, nodding.

Xavier and Cole held hands, walking through this field of flowers. It looked magnificent, like something out of a story book. Cole looked amazed. He hadn't realized this had been here all this time, and was wondering why Xavier hadn't told him about it sooner.

"I just learned about it a week ago." Xavier confessed. "Though, I wish I knew sooner. It really is quite beautiful."

"Yeah." Cole said, out of breath.

"I, uh, had something to tell you." Xavier confessed. "Well- more like ask, I guess."

"What is it?" Cole looked to Xavier.

"Well... I know we're both only sixteen but I can't tell you how much I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He started, putting his hand in his pocket. "I feel like I can be myself around you, and I don't need to hide apart of me. And I love you for that."

Cole looked at Xavier with admiration. "I love you too."

"So I figured... We might as well get a head start on that." Xavier pulled out a small black box from his pocket.

He opened it and inside were two silver rings. Two rings that were the perfect size for both Cole and Xavier; he made sure of it.

"These are just promise rings, I'm not proposing yet, but I figured when we can these will be changed into wedding rings." Xavier took one of the rings out.

Cole was covering his mouth in shock. His eyes were full of tears and a smile was carved onto his face. Xavier grabbed Cole's left hand and looked to Cole with approval, which he nodded happily to. Finally, he put the promise ring onto Cole's left ring finger; than Cole placed the other one onto Xavier's.

Today the two made a promise. A promise to be together no matter what life threw at them, and they would learn life would be hurling boulders at them; though, not quite yet.

_____________

Suh dude... Hehehe... Hehehe suh...

*EDITED*