013: Staying And Confessions

"My, my, this is a dreadful turn of events." Josephine said to the teens.

Cole and Xavier had arrived at Josephine Barry's residence earlier and had a warm welcome by her. Now, they were sitting with their friends who had came a few minutes ago.

"What are you going to do?" Cole asked them as Josephine placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I might be out of ideas." Anne sadly replied.

"But you're never out of ideas!" Ruby retorted.

"It's all my fault. Again." Moody told them.

"It was an accident." Diana placed a hand on his arm in comfort.

"My whole lifes an accident." He said.

Josephine Barry starts to flick her lights on and off. "Rollings, do we have any ladders?"

_____________

Cole and Xavier bid farewell to Josephine and joined their friends in walking to the train station. Once they got there, Cole and Xavier looked at eachother and had a silent agreement.

They weren't going back to Avonlea.

"Cole, Xavier! Hurry, you'll miss it." Anne said to the boys.

They stood still and just stared at Anne. She looked back at them after climbing the train and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Hurry! What are you doing?" She called.

"We're not going back." Cole said for them both.

Anne's face dropped. She stepped off the train and walked up to them. "What?"

"Aunt Jo said we could live with her." Xavier elaborated.

"But your families..." She trailed off.

"I know. But we can be free here- ourselves!" Cole told her.

"It's not like my parents will miss me, they're never there!" Xavier exclaimed. "I'd rather be with Cole and Aunt Jo than people who never show up."

"I need to be who I am." Cole said to Anne, on the verge of tears.

"All aboard!" The train conductor yells.

Anne looked back at the train before turning her head towards the two boys again, pulling them into a hug.

"I'll miss you." She told them.

"All aboard! Final call!" The conductor yelled.

"You've gotta go." Xavier wipes a tear from his face.

"Go. Go." Told Cole. "It'll be fine. This is good."

Diana and Anne looked through the train windows, tears in their eyes and heartbroken looks on their faces. Cole and Xavier waved at them all. Xavier grabbed Cole's hand and tried not to cry.

"It's alright." Cole pulled the boy into a hug as Xavier cried into his shoulder.

"I know. But it's so hard to say goodbye." Xavier cried out.

_____________

"Cole?" Xavier asked.

"Yes?" Cole looked to the boy.

"How would you feel if..." He took a deep breath. "I told you that I was falling in love with someone?"

"Oh... Well I would be happy for you and wish only the best." His smile falters slightly.

"And how would you feel if..." Xavier stops Cole from walking down the hallway of Aunt Josephine's house. "I said the person I was falling in love with... was you?"

"I would smile and ask if I could kiss you." Cole answered.

"Well, I'm falling in love with you." Xavier responded.

"Well..." Cole smiled. "Can I kiss you?"

"Do you really have to ask?" Xavier laughed.

Before Cole could answer, Xavier grabbed his face and kissed him. Without hesitation, Cole immediately responded by deepening the kiss. He pushed Xavier against the wall as Xavier ran his hands through Cole's hair. As soon as they parted for air, Cole leaned his forehead against Xavier's.

"I'm falling in love with you, too." Cole told him.

"Yeah, I noticed." Xavier smirked.

Cole rolled his eyes and slapped Xavier's chest. "Don't get cocky."

_____________

The boys joined Aunt Josephine for supper, sitting next to each other and holding hands under the table. Cole explained many things to Josephine, leaving out the detail about him and Xavier.

If Cole was to be honest with himself, he had no idea what him and Xavier were. First they were friends for ages and now they are more, but neither of them had made anything official so it made Cole awfully confused.

Xavier was the same. To him, kissing Cole was the best decision he had ever made but now he wasn't sure what to call him. Are they friends? Are they boyfriends? It made him the more eager to finish supper and talk to Cole about what he thought about all of this.

_____________

"Cole?" Xavier looked at the boy.

"We often find our conversations starting with my name, don't we?" Cole laughed. "But, yes?"

"I was wondering... Well, I wanted to ask..." He tried finding the right words. "What are we?"

"What do you want us to be?" Cole moved and sat next to Xavier.

"I don't know- I never really thought about it." Xavier shrugged. "I sort of wanted to ask what you think..."

"What I think is right now, in this moment, I want to spent the rest of my life with you. Just like Aunt Josephine and Gertrude." Cole said.

Xavier breathed out a sigh of relief. "I'm so glad you said that."

"Yeah?" He smiled, leaning closer to Xavier's face.

"Yeah." Xavier confirmed, connecting their lips.

_____________

I wanna church girl to go to church... And read your Bibleee

*EDITED*