020: Epilogue

T.W. homophobic slurs will be said in this chapter. (Only once, I believe)

_____________

5 Years Later

Xavier paced his room in Aunt Josephine's house, breathing in and out multiple times to calm his nerves. Today was the day, after all, he was finally going to propose to Cole Mackenzie.

They had been talking about it for the last few years, ever since Xavier and him put on those promise rings, and now Xavier knows it's the right time. He doesn't care that their love is illigal, he would make sure this happened no matter what.

The door opened to Xavier's room and Cole walked in, a bit of clay on his face from making his sculptures. He saw Xavier pacing and then stop and turn to him and Cole got a sinking feeling something was the matter; but he couldn't quite place his finger on it.

"Xavier, is something the matter?" Cole asked, walking over to his long term boyfriend.

"Uh... I need to ask you something. Serious." Xavier quickly added the last word in.

"Yeah, of course. I'm all ears. What's bothering you?" He smiled lightly.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "We've been talking about this for forever and I want to finally make this happen so..." Xavier got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. "Cole Mackenzie, the love of my life, will you do me the honor of being my husband?"

"Yes, yes!" Without hesitation he removed the promise ring from off his finger and it was replaced with an engagement one.

_____________

A Few Months Later

"Are you sure inviting your parents was the best idea?" Cole asked Xavier.

"We'll see. Let's just hope they don't make a huge scene when they get here, though I don't doubt it." He replied with a sigh.

After an hour, guests were piling into Josephine's garden. Chairs were set up infront of a beautiful archway, tables of food were placed around, and Cole and Xavier were welcoming people as they walked in. The first to come were Anne and Gilbert, and after Diana and many of their other old school friends.

Then, a long awaited arrival. Xavier's parents and maid walked through and their eyes landed on him. Smiles broke out on their faces and they ran over to him, his mom grabbing him into a hug.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you." She told him, releasing the hug.

"Thank you, mom. That means a lot." Xavier told her.

"Now, where's the lucky woman? We want to meet her." Xavier's father asked, looking around the venue.

"There... Is no woman." He said, awkwardly chuckling.

"What do you mean no woman? How else would you be getting married?" His father pressed.

"I'm not getting married to a woman because I'm getting married to a man. I'm gay." Xavier revealed.

It looked as if his mother was about to pass out, and their maid caught hold of her. Xavier's father got visibly red in the face, not thinking about his next words.

"How could you?!" He yelled, drawing attention to them. "We gave you everything. A good education, a roof over your head, food on your table, and this is how you repay us?! By becoming a fag?"

Xavier flinched at his father's words. "You didn't give me anything other than a lonely childhood! I was isolated from my friends and brought to fucking America!"

"You are a disgrace to the family name. Absolutely disgusting." His father said.

Xavier's parents walked right out, not letting their only child speak to them again. No explanation was needed. In their eyes, their son chose to be gay.

_____________

2 Years Later

"And you and your wife are completely sure you would like to go through with this adoption?" The lady asked. "Twins are awfully hard to deal with, especially when they are children."

"Yes... We're completely sure." Xavier nodded, looking at Anne with a smile.

Anne decided to help Xavier and Cole with adopting children by pretending to be Xavier's wife. It seemed pretty fool proof to them considering the people at orphanages often don't check up on the kids.

"Alright then. You've already done everything, now you can go meet your new children." She smiled, leading the two into a room with multiple kids playing. "Jada, Alex."

Two kids turned their heads at the mention of their names. Both of the seven year olds walked over to Xavier, Anne, and the other lady.

"I want you both to pack up. You've been adopted."

_____________

30 Years Later

Cole and Xavier sat in their house, drinking tea. Their children and their families were due to be here in an hour or so, and both men were excited. To them this was the most exciting thing about being in their 50's.

"Do you think Jada and Steve will like the sculpture I made of them?" Cole asked his husband.

"I'm sure they will love it." Xavier replied with a smile.

"And what about Alex and Elena, do you-"

"All of them will love their sculptures, no need to worry." Xavier cut Cole off with a huff.

"Okay, I was just making sure." He sipped his tea.

Around an hour and a half later a knock sounded at the door. Xavier and Cole got up excitedly and opened the door to reveal their two grown up kids and their families.

"Jada, Alex. We missed you." Cole and Xavier pulled them into a hug.

"We missed you guys, too." Jada laughed, Alex and her hugging their fathers back.

A dog came barreling in and jumped on both Jada and Alex, knocking them over. The golden fur of the dog shedding onto the two as they get their faces licked.

"And we missed you as well Onyx." Alex pet the dog.

_____________

7 Years Later

Cole layed on his and Xavier's bed, crying. It felt like just yesterday where they were happily drinking tea. Now, Cole was told of Xavier's passing. Their children were to come in a week for the funeral, but Cole couldn't bring himself to even start thinking about burying his lover let alone planning it.

"Sir, are you alright?" A maid walks into Cole's room to find him crying.

"Yes, Peggy, I'm fine." Cole chokes out.

Without saying a word, she walks up to Cole and pulls him into her chest. Cole sobbed his eyes out into Peggy's shoulder while she rubbed his back in comfort, staying silent.

_____________

I spilled lipstick on your Valentino bag. You spilled– whaghwhha– lipstick on my Valentino White bag?

*EDITED*