019: Entrance Exams

"I think... I'm going to be a teacher." Xavier tells Cole, playing with his hair.

"Really?" Cole looks up at him.

"Yeah, it sounds like me. Don't you think?" He asked.

"It does. You really are amazing with children, it's a wonder you haven't started a school up yourself yet." Cole laughed.

"You think I'd already be doing that if I was allowed to, but I'm not so..." Xavier trailed off, shrugging.

_____________

"I'll be off, you two. Stay safe." Josephine says to the boys, walking out of the house and going to Diana's house.

"We will!" Xavier called, both boys waving her off.

"Do you think you'll do alright with the college entrance exams?" Cole asked, once Josephine had left.

"I'm not sure. I wasn't in school as much as you and everyone else, but I have been studying for the past few months." Xavier responded. "I just hope I can get in."

"Oh, I'm sure you will. You've got a great head on you, your brain... And face." Cole kissed his cheek.

"Well, how about you. How do you feel about your exams?" Xavier questioned. "Art school is gonna be a tricky one."

"Not as tricky as that dastardly sprained hand I had." Cole replied.

"I guess not, no." He laughed.

_____________

"I passed, I passed, I passed!" Xavier exclaimed, running into the house.

"You did?" Cole quickly stood up, smiling widely.

"Yes!" Xavier replied, kissing Cole right away.

Cole deepened the kiss, the two of them walking up the steps; lips still on lips. The two of them made it up the steps, Cole opening and closing the door behind him. They walked towards the bed and Xavier layed Cole on it, their lips parting.

"I love you. I really love you." Xavier said, breathing deeply.

"I love you, too." Cole reached out, taking Xavier's shirt off of him.

_____________

The next morning, the boys awoke side-by-side; without their clothes on. Cole was the first to say anything.

"Morning." He said.

"Mornin'." Xavier replied, kissing him. "How was your sleep?"

"Marvelous. How about yours?" Cole asked.

"Impeccable." Xavier smiled.

"And... Last night...?" Cole carefully trailed off.

"Even better." Xavier told him.

_____________

The doorbell rang. Quickly, and carefully, Cole walked over to the front stairs to let Anne know Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert were at the door. After, Cole walked back over to Xavier and gave him a kiss.

As soon as the door opened, Cole and Xavier rushed over to the front to greet their new guests.

"Matthew! Marilla!" Xavier exclaimed.

"How good to see you two again!" Cole continued, shaking their hands.

"Cole, Xavier, you both look so well!" Marilla commented.

"Welcome, dear Cuthberts." Josephine walked over. "Matthew... Hasn't it been an age since we last met? Hmm? And how wonderful to finally meet Anne's beloved mother."

"Oh." Marilla commented. "I-I made these for you. Since you're going to so much trouble for us, I didn't want to come empty-handed."

"This is... Kind of adorable." Xavier leaned over to Cole, giggling.

"And really awkward. On the Cuthberts side of things." Cole laughed back.

"I wonder what this house will feel like when we leave for college. It's only a matter of time." Xavier sighed.

"It probably won't be the same for Aunt Jo." He shoved Xavier lightly, smiling.

_____________

"You'll write to me, won't you?" Cole asked.

"Of course. And you'll write to me as well?" Xavier confirmed.

"Obviously." He kissed Xavier as confirmation.

"Alright then... I guess... I'm leaving..." Xavier slowly said.

"And as am I." Cole laughed, though Xavier could see the tears well up in his eyes.

"I'll see you as soon as I can. That's a promise." He told him, giving him one final kiss goodbye before leaving to college to become what he now knows he wants to be.

A teacher.

_____________

He needs some milk!

*EDITED*