014: Uninvited Guests

Chris Hemsworth as Jared Milrowe

Zooey Deschanel as Cindy Milrowe

-

Cole and Xavier layed on Cole's bed together. It had been months since they had made it official of them being together, but they still had yet to tell Aunt Jo. Though, she already had a sinking suspension.

The both of them decided it would be best to not mention their relationship until they were certain about being together, like testing the waters in a way.

Neither of them had been in a relationship before, let alone with another guy. They just wanted to make sure this was what they wanted before telling people and then having to explain to them why they didn't work.

So far, it was working quite well for them. Their relationship was blooming, their time with Aunt Josephine was amazing, and they both couldn't be happier. That was, until a knock at Cole's room door sounded.

"Yes?" Cole asked, sitting up.

"Cole, is Xavier in there with you?" Josephine's voice asked from the other side of the door.

Quickly, Xavier stood up and walked over to the door and opened it. Josephine was wearing a sad and slightly confused face.

"There are two people at the door. They claim to be your parents." Josephine told him.

Cole's and Xavier's eyes widen at the statement. Xavier looked back at Cole and mouthed, 'how did they find me?'. Cole mouthed back, 'i have no idea'. He turned back to Aunt Josephine and gave a sad smile.

"Uh, yes. My... Parents. I should probably tell them I'm living with you, shouldn't I?" Xavier scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"You have yet to make them aware of our arrangement?" Josephine asked.

"Well, they've been away for a long while and I never thought they'd actually show back up." Xavier told her. "In my letter I specifically said for them to not come back."

"Well they're here now so you've got to talk to them." Cole said, now beside him.

"You're right..." Xavier sighed. "But I really don't want to."

"How about... We do this together." Cole grabbed his hand and gave him a smile.

"Okay, let's do it." He walks out of the bedroom and downstairs.

Once he gets down there, Xavier looks at Cole and gives him a look saying 'my parents don't know so we can't hold hands'. Cole just gave him a smile and let go of his hand.

"It's alright." Cole hugs him.

Quickly, they break the hug and walk to the door. Xavier opened the door and saw the two people he never thought he would see again.

"Mother... Father... Hello." Xavier awkwardly greeted.

"Xavier!" His mother's reprimanding voice spoke. "What are Earth are you doing here?"

"I live here now. It's not like I was going to wait for you forever." The boy told them.

"We were coming back, son." Mr. Milrowe said.

"You never so much as sent us a letter letting us know your new arrangement, which we do not agree about." Mrs. Milrowe crossed her arms.

"We're going son, come on." Mr. Milrowe grabbed Xavier's arm and tried dragging him away.

"No!" Xavier exclaimed, escaping his grip.

"What makes you think-"

"I like it here! Aunt Josephine and Cole treat me like family, they're actually here!" Xavier cut his father off.

"You watch your mouth." Mrs. Milrowe pointed a finger at Xavier.

"You're coming home with us, no matter what you say." Mr. Milrowe walked over to his son.

"I said no." Xavier told him. "I'm staying here."

"No, you are moving back to America with us and that his final." Mr. Milrowe held his sons arm tightly and started walking away from the house with him.

"Cole! Cole!" Xavier screamed.

Cole ran out as soon as he heard his name coming from Xavier's mouth and the scene he saw was heartbreaking. Xavier's father was dragging him away and walking towards the carriage, while Xavier had tears in his eyes.

He ran over to Xavier and grabbed his other arm, trying to pry him out of his father's grip.

"Don't let them take me!" Xavier cried.

"I won't, I promise I won't!" Cole responded.

Rollings and Aunt Josephine walk out of her house quickly, hearing the commotion and wanted to see what was happening.

"Rollings, go escort Mr. Milrowe and his wife off my property." Aunt Josephine quickly states.

Rollings and Aunt Josephine run over to the boys and Xavier's parents, furious looks on their faces.

"You drop that boy right now!" Aunt Josephine told Mr. Milrowe.

"He's my son, I will do what I want." Mr. Milrowe harshly replied.

"He is his own person so unless you would like me to call my guards you best drop him." Aunt Josephine threatened.

Rollings successfully removed Mr. Milrowe's hand from Xavier and he collapsed into Cole's arms. Cole held onto him firmly and walked away from Xavier's parents and back into the house.

"It's okay, you're okay." Cole soothed. "I'm here, you are not going anywhere."

"Thank you." Xavier sobbed. "I love you."

Cole's eyes widened. This was the first time either of them had said that and his heart was beating extremely quickly.

"I love you, too." Cole responded, lifting Xavier's face. "I always will."

Xavier wiped his tears and smiled, locking his lips with Cole's happily.

_____________

Iridocyclitis... I... R...

*EDITED*