018: Finally Telling Her

"Its kinda hard to explain other than to say that... It feels right that I finish the search on my own." Anne said, as she puts on her dress.

Josephine sat on one of the chairs, drinking her tea. Xavier was on the one next to her, on the other side of the small table, while Cole stood next to Xavier's chair, leaning his hand on the back of it with a smile.

"Thank you three a million times over for believing me mature enough, unlike Marilla." Anne thanked them, peaking her head out once again.

Cole and Xavier looked at eachother happily, knowing that at some point today they wanted to tell Anne about them, and maybe tell Josephine about their promise rings; though, they suspect she probably already knows.

Anne walked out from behind the changing slab looking as gorgeous as ever. This change of outfit made it seem she was quite a bit older than she was; maybe around 19 or 20. Well she would, if it wasn't for her braids.

"Well, do I pass for someone old enough not to need a chaperone?" She asked, looking in the mirror and smoothing out her dress with her hands.

Cole walked over to Anne, as did Xavier, and looked at her through the mirror as well. Both boys grabbed the braids in her hair and looked at one another.

"Not with these braids, you don't." Cole told her.

"Jo, you must work some magic." Xavier turned to look at Josephine.

"I am setting my overpowering nostalgia aside to continue to aid and abet this folly." Aunt Josephine stood up and spoke to Anne.

Cole and Xavier walked away from the two and looked into the many drawers full of many things. They went through the hats and Xavier picked up a giant black top hat, placing it on Cole's head with a light chuckle.

"Does this make me look fancy?" Cole jokingly asked, grabbing Xavier's shirt and pulling him closer.

"I think it makes you look like a fool." Xavier replied, kissing Cole quickly; how Anne didn't see them, they didn't know.

They continued searching through the hats and found two perfectly good ones, than they decided to walk back over to Anne and asked which she preferred.

"Either one of these would do." Xavier told her, as Cole held the hats up.

"Which do you prefer?" Cole asked.

_____________

"Oh, and before you leave... Me and Cole must tell you something." Xavier stops Anne before she walks out of the front door.

"Yes, what is it?" She questions, turning to look at their interlocked hands.

It takes a moment for realization to hit her, but when it does a huge smile of happiness breaks out on her face.

"Oh my goodness. Really?" She hugs them both excitedly.

"Yes, me and Xavier are... Together, as a couple." Cole confirms.

"This is marvelous! You'll have to tell me more on my next visit." She replies.

"We'll make sure to inform you on everything." Xavier laughs, both him and Cole waving goodbye to the girl.

"I think that went well." Cole said.

"I think so too..." Xavier responded. "Let's just wait until we tell her about the rings."

They laugh, knowing Anne will make a big fuss over it and insist on planning the wedding; when and if it does happen.

_____________

Cole and Xavier sat in the seating room with Josephine, pondering what they were to say to bring up the two of them... Again. Josephine notices their silence and looks up from her book.

"Is something the matter?" She asks. "You two are awfully quiet."

"Yeah, actually, we had something to say." Cole told her.

"Well, please do tell. I can't wait forever, you know; I'm on my death bed." Josephine jokes.

Xavier laughs at her joke before talking. "If the time was to come that Cole and I wanted to... Marry... Would you be alright with that?"

"Why? Have you proposed to Cole?" She questioned.

"Technically... No?" He says like a question, looking to Cole for some help.

"We-well, Xavier got us... Promise... Rings... And we wanted to consult you on... Marriage?" Cole questions himself at the end.

"Oh, how wonderful!" She claps her hands together. "You both are just perfect for each other. Though, I must warn you. Love is hard enough, but it's even harder when you are not accepted."

The boys look down, knowing Josephine was going to talk about having to be careful.

"I would be honored, for when the time came, to help you with preparing a wedding. And tomorrow we can talk about many struggles you will face along the way." She finishes, smiling.

_____________

Don't grab that dirk-a-dirk ayeee, don't grab that dirk-a-dirkkk

*EDITED*