Chapter 12

The Discussion Conference had finally reached the actual 'discussion' part, which meant three days of free time for all the disciples.

Liu Xin had decided she would spend some quality time with her mother, sewing and embroidering some robes Liu Juan had been working on for some time. Mother and daughter sat in a pavilion in comfortable silence, the sun shining bright and warm.

"Shijie!"

The sudden yell disrupted the calm atmosphere and startled Liu Xin. Her fingers didn't react in time and the needle she was working with found one of her fingers immediately.

Putting the injured finger to her mouth, Liu Xin turned around. A female disciple rushed to them, quickly bowing to her and her mother.

"What's the matter Mianmian?" Liu Xin was a little curious but was also sure that it would annoy her.

"There's trouble, shijie," Mianmian reported between small gasps. "Jin-gongzi and Wei-gongzi are fighting. This could end really badly."

Liu Xin had been right, this was annoying. She was pretty sure she knew what the fight was about. A small headache reared its head, but she pushed it back.

Turning to her mother, she bowed apologetically.

"You're their Shijie, it's your responsibility to take care of them. I won't hold you back," Liu Juan simply said, smiling at the girls.

"Lead the way, Mianmian."

Liu Xin couldn't help but sigh as she heard the young masters, way before she saw them. No one noticed their arrival so she simply crossed her arms and watched.

"How dare you be so arrogant? My cousin is way too good for Jiang Yanli." Liu Xin's mood considerably soured as she heard Jin Zixun's voice. Of course he'd be here as well. He was stuck to Jin Zixuan.

"As if! A peacock like that could never deserve Shijie!" That was definitely Wei Wuxian.

"Yeah," a Jiang disciple agreed. "Especially if he is just like his father, being intimate with girls, even though he is betrothed!"

Wait, what? Where was that coming from?

"You insolent-! Cousin would never! You dare slander him in such a way!"

"I saw it myself!" The disciple countered. "Are you accusing me of lying? I saw Jin Zixuan yesterday after the hunt. A girl was hanging from his arms!"

"Jin Zixuan, if this is true you can consider the alliance between our sects over. I won't allow my sister to be shamed in such a way!" Jiang Cheng sounded absolutely furious.

Yesterday, after the hunt? But wasn't that-

"I don't want this mediocre engagement. I don't care if it breaks apart." Jin Zixuan huffed.

It was then Liu Xin spotted that Jiang Yanli herself had been standing behind all of the Jiang disciples for quite some time. Her head was lowered, probably in shame and sadness. Liu Xin wouldn't be surprised if she was crying.

"You-!"

The sound of many swords being unsheathed could be heard.

Liu Xin decided she had heard enough. She raised her voice, "Enough! This is ridiculous!"

All heads swerved around in her direction. The group of Jin disciples parted for her as they recognized her.

Slowly she made her way to the front. She could see surprise on Wei Wuxian's and Jiang Cheng's faces as they recognized her as well.

"Shijie! They are slandering our sect and cousin! They need to be taught a lesson!"

Liu Xin's expression became incredulous as she heard Jin Zixun's whining.