Chapter 40-Easter

Amy's POV
You were so happy that spring break finally came. You were so done with US history as AP season was just around the corner. You needed a break and you grab the last stash of pills from your locker before spring break starts. Your parents thankfully had a case so you didn't have to see them the whole week off. You were so grateful because they were still watching you like a hawk. Your grandmother invited you to stay at hers for the weekend and spend Easter with her and a bunch of work colleagues and friends for some charity luncheon. You packed a duffel bag before heading to work with Garcia.

You were in Garcias lair when two security guards walk in. "Are you Amelia Hotchner?" One of the security guards asks. "Yes I am" you respond. "Are you ready to go?" he asks as the other one grabs your bag. "Yes" you say. Garcia gives you a hug goodbye as you walk away with the security guards. You hop into the limo and relax as they drive you to your grandmothers house. You pull into the driveway as one of the guards brings your bag to your room while the other one guides you into your grandmothers office.

He knocks on the door before your grandmother responds "come in" you walk in slowly while the guard stays outside. "Amelia" your grandmother says as she stands up and gives you a big hug. "Hi Grandmother" you say returning the gesture. "How was the drive?" she asks. "It was good, very fancy though" your grandmother just laughs "you sound exactly like Emily. Now go upstairs and try on the outfit I left on the bed for you." she says as you walk up the stairs and open your bedroom door.

Your Grandmother had bought you an ankle length flowy Easter dress with a white cardigan, black heels and a black hair band. You wore pearl earrings and a cross necklace. You looked so dumb. You walk downstairs and your grandmother takes a good look at you. "Perfect" she says as she gives you a quick hug and kisses your cheek. "Now get changed and I'll get one of the security guards to take you on a walk around the town. Your grandmother lived in a small town just 15 minutes outside of DC. You change into leggings and a plain v neck t-shirt and throw on white sneakers. You walk downstairs and walk back into your grandmothers office. She tells you to be back by 6 for dinner seeing as it was Good Friday.

It was now 2:30 as one of the security guards walks with you to town. The walk was nice as you went into a few boutiques. You bought a few items as the security guard payed with your grandmothers card. You then walk into the local shoe store and went a bit wild. You walk back to the house and arrive there at 5:30. You walk in and could smell the dinner being made. The security guard walks into your room and puts the bags down on your bed. You eat dinner just the two of you. You have chicken and potatoes as well as a salad before going out into town and getting a scoop of ice cream with your grandmother.

You wake up the next morning to a maid waking you up. She brings you to the bathroom and you see the bath has been made up for you. You jump in and relax as the maid lays out an outfit for you. You hop out and throw on the outfit and see a croissant and orange juice sitting on your desk. You sit at your desk and eat as the maid brushes your hair. Your grandmother walks in and greets you before starting work. You then go to the spa room and get a full on spa day. You started out with massages before getting facials, hair done and finally waxing. This time you were brave enough and got your legs waxed as well. Next time you'll just stick with shaving. You had a fruit salad for lunch and then rice and leftover chicken for dinner.

You went to bed at 10 and woke up at 8 the next morning to the maid drawing you a bubble bath again. You hopped in and enjoyed the nice long soak as she brought you up orange juice and yoghurt. The maid then applies lotion on your body and helps you get dressed into your Easter outfit. Once you got dressed, a stylist restyled your hair which was simple straightening and then you got your makeup done. You wonder why your mom didn't like this lifestyle because you were having the time of your life. Your grandmother then requested that you got a photo taken as she sent the photo to your mom telling her that you were okay. Soon guests started showing up and you stood by your grandmother greeting them the whole time. It was boring but they all complimented you which was nice. After a while Dylan came in with his parents and grandfather.

Your grandmother excused you as you took him upstairs to the guest bedroom. He gave you the bag of pills and in return you rode him. It was gross but you were going to go through withdrawal soon so you had no choice. Once all the guests left, it was just you, your grandmother, and the maids. Your grandmother went straight to her office and worked until dinner. You got into your pyjamas as the maid came in and informed you that it was time for dinner.

You walked to the dining room to see your grandmother in there waiting for you. You both ate dinner in silence which was nice. After dinner she said that she had a surprise for you. You follow her to the main living room and on the couch was a big chocolate Easter egg. "Happy Easter Amelia" she said. "Thank you so much" you say as you give her a big hug. You watched tv and ate your chocolate before going to bed. That night you took 3 pills before going to sleep and boy did you feel amazing.

Emily's POV
You wrapped up your case late Sunday night. You were upset that you had to miss Easter. You loved your job but missing the holidays with Amy was hard. You got back home and enjoyed the empty house with Aaron before waking up the next morning to pick up Amy. You drove down to your mothers house and walked in while Aaron went back to the office and finished paperwork as he got behind. You ring the doorbell and a maid brings you into the dining room. When you walk in you see Amy and your mother laughing. This was odd to see.

"Oh hello Emily" your mother says "mother" you say back with a smile. "Ready to go Ames?" you ask as she looks a little disappointed. "Yes" she says as she leave to go and fetch her bag. "How was she?" you ask your mother nervously. "She was a delight as always" your mother responds.

"Do you think she is still using?" you ask. When your mother invited Amy over, you filled her in on her recent issues. She didn't bring it up with Amy and pretended like she didn't know. She warned the maids and security guards to alert her if they saw anything suspicious. "I had someone with her the whole time she was here" she says. "Thank you" you say back as she walks in.

A security guard takes her bag as you give her a big hug. "I'm sorry I missed Easter" you whisper as you kiss the top of her head. "It's okay, I had a great time with grandmother" she responds. "That's good" you say as you both walk to the car with a guard. He drops her stuff in the trunk and you say your goodbyes to your mother as she was leaving that night to go to Italy. Amy talked about how much fun she had the whole ride home and you couldn't help but smile.