Chapter 45-times up

Amy's POV
The past 48 hours have been the slowest hours of your life. When you first got there, they weighed and measured you. They seemed a bit concern for your weight but you assured them that you were fine. They then gave you a quick physical-this was like a typical physical that you got yearly so it wasn't bad. Turns out the drugs haven't completely destroyed your body.

They then brought you to a withdrawal room. The room was small with two double beds and a dresser drawer. The room was just you and this one other girl. She was screaming and crying the whole time complaining about how her skin was on fire. As you had already experienced most of that stuff when you were in the hospital, you pretty much felt fine except for the fact that you were craving drugs. You just felt nauseous the whole time. You couldn't eat and you were barely able to drink water until the nurses forced you. You secretly gave your food to the girl you were rooming with and in return she would shut up and cry less.

Once they were convinced you were fully sober, you got your own mini room. You just watched tv and read the whole day as you were so bored. The facility didn't allow phones so there was no way of connecting with the outside world. You couldn't wait to see your parents again. Although you were mad at them for making you go, you were excited to see someone who wasn't hooked on drugs or nurses.

You got brought in to speak with a therapist today as a mandatory check in. She seemed nice but you honestly couldn't care less about the meeting. She asked you the same dumb questions making sure that you don't self harm, starve yourself and other dumb stuff. She took your weight again and saw that you hadn't gained any weight and you've actually lost a pound. She then called your nurse in and now she is going to make sure you eat all your meals. It's so annoying how they baby you. You were then brought back to your room where you took a nap.

Emily's POV
After about 5 minutes of waiting, a nurse finally came out and brought you to an office. There you were introduced to a therapist. She seemed nice but was convinced that Amy had an eating disorder and they asked what food she likes. Aaron responded with Shepard's pie as her favourite while you listed a few other food options. They then brought you to the visitation room and you both sat down on the couch as you waited for Amy to come out. 10 minutes you jump up as you hear the door open. Amy then runs into your arms as you finally felt happy again.

Amy's POV
The nurse wakes you up and tells you that your parents are here. You quickly brush your teeth and put on deodorant and a new pair of sweats before following her to the visitation room where the nurse left you guys to go and catch up in peace. You open the door and see your mom anxiously waiting there. You run into her arms and felt the tears run down your face as you were so excited to see her. Your dad then wraps his arms around you as you were now in a group hug. Both you and your mom were crying while your dad was just really happy to see you. "Oh I've missed you so much Amy" your mom says as she lets go of you. She looked like a mess. It was clear that she hasn't slept in days while your dad looks the same as usual. "I've missed you guys too" you say with a smile.

"How are you adjusting?" your dad asks in his serious tone. "Good, I mean I'd much rather be home you know but this will do for now" you say nervously as you try to make them feel bad. Your dad caught on "Amelia" he says sternly. "What, I tried" you say with your big grin. Your dad then changes the subject. "We cleared out your locker. Let us know when you are ready to start school work again" he says. "mmh... how about never" you say. Your dad just rolled his eyes. "We got you SAT and ACT Prep books that you can do if you are bored once your school work ends." Your mom says as she takes two giant books out of her bag. "Oh great, no drugs and more school work, life can't get any better" you say as you roll your eyes.

Your parents ask about what you have been doing for the past 48 hours. You respond honestly and they tell you a little about what they have been doing. You agreed that you would start school work tomorrow and that you were to work at your own pace. You were then told to eat, sleep, hydrate and keep up and stay hygienic. It was eventually time for them to go but your mom promised that she would be back tomorrow. You were sad to see them leave but excited for tomorrow. Even though they only got to stay for an hour, it was your favourite hour of the day.

Emily's POV
You finally had to leave and you felt your heart ache again. You gave her a kiss goodbye and hugged her tightly. You felt the tears forming but wanted to stay strong. "I'll see you tomorrow and I love you so much" you then walked out with Aaron hand in hand. As soon as you got to the car, tears started leaving your eyes. You drive back to the office and calm yourself down. You sneak into the office and start working on your paperwork. An hour in, Hotch walks out of his office. He stands over the balcony "JJ can you come here a second?" You were disappointed that he didn't call you up but you only had an hour until everyone started leaving.

JJ's POV:
You hear Hotch call your name. He looked stressed as always. You thought you filed your paperwork correctly. You turn around and look at Emily. You could see she was disappointed that it wasn't her being called up. You make your way up to Hotch's desk as you walk in, Hotch closed his paperwork.

"Please shut the door and sit down" you gulp as you close the door before sitting down across from him. "Is everything alright?" you ask scared. "Ye I'm sorry to be taking you away from work but I was wondering if we could talk about Emily" you relax at the fact that it's not about you.

"Of course how is she?" you ask as you inch towards him. "She is a hot mess" he starts by saying. "She's overworking all day, she's too scared to go home, she can't stop crying, she can't sleep, she won't tell me what's going on and when I try talk to her, she refuses and ends up you know...distracting me... if you know what I mean..." he says as he clears his throat.

"Yes I do" you say back. "Can you try talk to her?" he then pleads. "Of course" you say "and please make sure she doesn't find out I asked or I'll have to sleep on the couch" he then says. "Don't worry she'll never know" you say as you walk out. "Thank you" he says.