Chapter 6: Conference Room

Amelia's POV
You walked up to the conference room and knew that it was gonna be a long and hard day. You opened your math textbook and started working on math. You look up as you hear a knock on the door and see JJ walk in. "I'm sorry, do you need this room? I can go back to my mom's desk if you want." you say. "No" JJ says "I wanted to see my favorite Hotchner and see what  she has done to get her mom in such a bad mood" she says as she pulls out one of the chairs next to her.

JJ was the person you could always go to after a fight with mom. Normally our fights are kind of dumb though like you forgot to turn in an assignment or was marked Tardy Unexcused in a class. You looked down at your hands and started to pick at the skin around your nails. JJ grabs your hand and tells you that whatever it is that you could tell her. You told JJ the whole story and then how mom walked in and about how you was grounded and she just listened. "I guess I'll be seeing you a lot more than" she says as you turn at her and smile.

You heard another knock on the door and saw that it was your mom as she walked in not sitting down. "I just wanted to let you know that I booked your doctor's appointment for tomorrow. Since I don't have work tomorrow, I will pick you up and take you right after school." You start to pick at your nails again and say thanks before she leaves the room again. JJ takes your hands once more and says "She still thinks of you as her little baby. It seems like only yesterday you were learning to walk or learning to read. It will take time for you to gain her trust again but she will forgive you. It's just hard for her to see you so grown up. I need to go and start my paperwork now but let me know if you need any help on your homework."

"Thanks JJ" you say as the tears slowly slip down my cheeks. JJ brings you into a hug "I love you Amy, you're going to get through this" she says as she wipes the tears off your cheek. As she leaves, you open your laptop and start US History. You just had to take notes and then you were done. As you finish my US History, you finally power on my phone and it blows up with hundreds of texts. Brad left half of those texts.

"Hey is everything okay" "is your mom mad" "are you grounded" "I'm so sorry" "I hope you're okay" "I'm guessing she took away your phone" "text me as soon as you get your phone back" you quickly respond "yes I'm grounded. Not allowed to leave my house. I can sneak out though next time my parents are on a case though, don't worry. Also finally going on birth control so maybe we can try it again 😉" you then go into the group's gc and say "hey guys I'm grounded but I'll let you know when my parents are away so I can sneak out. Also can we do 🍃again? Love to try it again!!!" and sent. You start to hear footsteps coming your way and fling your phone into your bag and open your notebook so it looks like you were reading your notes.