Chapter 5: Morning of Punishment

Emily's POV
Its 5:45 when your alarm goes off. Aaron had gotten back in soon after Amy went to bed and had already left the house again. You hop in the shower before quickly throwing on your work clothes. You go into Amy's room to wake her up. She looks so peaceful you think to yourself. You wake her up before going to your room to finish getting ready and put on your makeup.

Amelia's POV
Since you had nobody to impress there, you threw on your brandy sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt before grabbing your ugg slippers and throwing your hair in a messy bun. You could barely keep your eyes open as you were brushing your teeth and quickly grabbed your bag before making your way to the car. It was perfect timing as mom was just ready and asked what you wanted for breakfast.

"Dunkin?" you ask with a big smile on your face. "Sounds good" she says as she hands you her phone to place the order in on her DD app. "Don't forget to order your dad something" she says. She settled for her usual black coffee and you order the same for dad while you ordered your Large Iced Caramel latte and a chocolate glazed donut.  You hop in the car and drive to the office.

The fact that your parents are so close to all their colleagues is so annoying because you knew that by the end of the day, they will all know about what happened Friday night and the fact that you're grounded.

As you walk into the elevator, mom turns to you and pulls your phone out. "You're gonna need it cause I don't know how long we'll be here today. Oh and give this coffee to your dad. I can bring your drink over to my desk." You walk up to dad's office before knocking on the door. "Come in" he says in his monotone voice. As he looks up, he sees you holding a coffee and he smiles. "Hey Ames" he said. "Mom ordered coffee for you" you said as you make your way over to him. He takes the coffee and puts it on his desk before you leave and walk over to your moms desk.

Once you walked to her desk, you grabbed your phone and started drinking your coffee. You got a little hot so you took off your sweatshirt. You got a funny look from everyone before sitting down at her desk. "Good morni-" Derek says before looking up from his paperwork and his mood shifts. "Wow, did little Prentiss get some action this weekend?'' he says as he points to your neck which you now realize was covered in hickies.

Everyone called you mini Prentiss because you were the "spitting image of your mom" although you thankfully got your grandmother's nose and not hers.

Emily's POV
You gave Morgan the death glare and he saw that he had hit a nerve before shutting up. You could see that your other co-workers were gathered around to look at the hickies on your teenage daughter's neck. Before inspecting it yourself "Amelia hickies seriously. I have concealer in my bag, take it and go to the bathroom to cover it up because I don't want any reminders of what happened on friday and you certainly don't want me to tell your dad what happened either."

Amelia's POV
You quickly root through your mom's bag before finding her concealer and making a bee-line to the bathroom to cover them up. As you enter into the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror, you admire the big dark spots trailing up and down your neck. You quickly concealed the dark marks before going back to your mom's desk and pulling out your phone.

Emily's POV
You saw Amelia pull out her phone and glared at her "Finish your homework and study before going on your phone. I have no problem taking it away again." you said and could feel Morgan looking at you. "Fine" Amy said before crossing her arms and rolling her eyes at you. "Don't you dare give me that attitude" you say back "or your phone will be gone for the next week." As you say this, you notice the panic in her eyes.

"Why don't you go to the conference room and work on your homework and while you are there you can fix your attitude so by the time lunch rolls around I don't have to deal with it." you say as Amy grabs her bag and storms off into the conference room. I'll check in on her in 20 you think to yourself as you open the new stack of paperwork.

"Rough weekend in the Prentiss household" Derek asks. "You could say that" you responded back. "Did mini Prentiss have her first kiss or something?'' Derek jokes, not really thinking about anything she could have possibly done. "More like sneaking out, sex, drugs, drinking you know" you say plastering on a fake smile. Derek was in shock as his jaw literally dropped. "So I guess you will be seeing a lot more of her for the next couple of weeks." you responded before opening up a new file.