Chapter 12: Talking

Emily's POV
As we pulled into the parking lot, Amelia instantly woke up. You got out of the car and opened the trunk to get the pints of ice cream and Amy's prescription as she slowly peeled her way out of the seat covering. "Hey baby, do you have any homework to do?" you ask, realizing that she has been busy all day and didn't have time to start doing her work. "Just a page of math" she tells me. "If you want, you can shower first" you say as you unlock the apartment door. "Actually, I just want to get my math over and done with now and then taking off my makeup and jewellery will take a while" "Okay, let me know if you need any help with anything" you said as you quickly hopped in the shower.

Amelia's POV
You actually didn't have any problem doing math because you knew that you would just get the answers off someone. You just wanted a quick smoke break like right now. You went into your room and opened the window as you had one big puff before blowing it out the window. You then went on snap and saw that they had already taken a pic of the answers for the homework on the math group chat.

You quickly copied down the answers and got ready to take a shower. You hung your skirt up and folded your shirt away before throwing your bra and underwear in the washing basket. You then threw on your robe as you sat down at your vanity and started removing your makeup using micellar water and cotton pads as you waited for mom to finish her shower.

Once she got out, you got in and took a quick shower washing your body and face. You then brushed my teeth and put my hair in two braids so it would give off a wavy look for school tomorrow. You then quickly threw on your pyjamas and hid your vape before plugging in your phone. As you walked out of your bedroom, you jumped onto the couch and grabbed the remote.

As you turned on the TV, friends was playing. "Ooh what are we watching" mom said as she walked into the kitchen. "Friends" you responded, not taking your eyes off the tv. "Want ice cream? Dads asleep so he doesn't have to know, okay" "okay!" Mom jumped on the couch next to you with a pint of ice cream and two spoons. She then pulled you closer to her chest to rest your head as you let your guard down and snuggled into her warm embrace. She was wearing her Yale sweatshirt and her gray pajama shorts. We were watching "The one where Rachel was late". There must've been a rerun because we started at The one where Rachel was late and finished at The one where Emma cries. God just the perfect episodes to watch after all that's happened this weekend you thought.

Mom then sits up and grabs the remote. " Hey" you say "one more episode please." She looks at her watch"It's past midnight and you have school tomorrow" as you rolled your eyes and stood up, mom grabbed your wrist. "Hey, sit back down. I want to talk for just a sec." Oh no here it comes. "You know you can always come to me to tell me anything no matter what right" you roll your eyes as you look over at your empty doorframe with the missing door.

"Well what else was I supposed to do" she starts saying "for all I know you could be smoking god knows what or popping pills or" "or what have sex" "well that too" "it's not like I'm going to get pregnant" "you're just so young you know. You have your whole life ahead and a baby is a lot of responsibility. Especially if you are a single mother you have to put everything on hold like your careers and goals" "so what you are saying? I put your whole life on hold because you were dumb enough to get pregnant after a one night stand with your boss and got lucky that he didn't leave you. Don't worry, I'll use a condom." you say as you stand up, tears rolling down your cheeks as you walk to your bedroom door.

"Amelia comeback!" Is all you could hear her say before I walked in my room. God you wish you could slam your door right about now you thought. You jump into your bed and lie there shaking and crying.

Emily's POV
Oh did you fuck up. How can you talk to serial killers and convince them not to kill people but can't even have one simple conversation with your own daughter. You walked into Amy's room and could see that she was shaking uncontrollably because she was sobbing her eyes out. You just feel your heart ache. She tried to stay as quiet as possible but was failing miserably. She must not of heard you coming in through the sound of her sniffles.

You climb into the bed with her and pull her in for a hug. As you did that she stopped trying to stay quiet as she started sobbing uncontrollably. You just start to rub her arm and whisper into her ear "you were the best thing to ever happen to me" "you just remind me so much of me when I was your age and it drives me crazy" Amelia turns around to face you "I'm sorry I've been such a fuckup this week" "honey, you are not a fuckup" she turned back around and snuggled into you and before you knew it, you to were both passed out in eachothers arms.

Amelia's POV
You woke up to the sound of your alarm and could smell pancakes being made. You quickly took your hair out of its braids and threw on your black lululemon leggings and a cropped sweatshirt before walking out of your room to the kitchen to see your mom washing the batter from out of the bowl and placing it in the dishwasher.

"Well good morning Amy" "morning" you said as you walked over to the stack of pancakes on the island. You pull out the chair and put one of the pancakes on your plate as your mom opens the cupboard to grab you the sugar. She was still wearing her pajamas. Your Dad then walks out from the kitchen. He kisses your head and grabs a pancake off your plate. "I don't have to be in the office till 10" It's almost as if she could tell that you were wondering why she was still in her pajamas. I guess that's what happens when your mom is a profiler. "The pancakes are really good," you say as you go to grab your second one.

"I'm gonna do some ironing now" she says as she grabs a pancake from the stack. "Let me know when you are ready to leave" she says as she kisses my temple before leaving. You have one more pancake before leaving to go put on your makeup. You then put on your new perfume that Rossi gave you and shout out that you were ready to go. "Mom I'm ready to go" you shout as you throw your lunchbox in your bag.

"I'm coming" she says as she grabs her flip flops. Your dad was in the shower. "Have you taken your birth control pill yet?" she asks. "Oh not yet let me go take it now" You say as you run to your room. The car ride was quiet as we pulled up to the school. She parks and drops me off.

As you turn around, you see Brad was also walking to the door. "Brad" you shout as you run over to him and give him a big kiss. His arms trailing down to rest on your ass as your hands wrap around his neck. Suddenly the 5 minute warning bell rings as we break apart and he takes your hand and we walk into school together.