42

HARD TO UNDERSTAND

"Isn't that... too much?" Taehyung asked looking at himself in the mirror after Jimin styled him.

"Babe, there's no too much. You look amazing," Jimin stated, looking at him from behind through the mirror while sitting in his bed.

"I know.. it's just, imagine we go to the mall or something like that, I would be too overdressed-

"It's better to be overdressed than underdressed and also, Jeongguk wouldn't go to the mall with you. Besides, you look stunning, he'd rather get nosebleed."

Taehyung turned back to the mirror, studying his outfit and the soft touch of makeup Jimin used.

(like this, lol, I'm a little lazy when it comes to descriptions of clothing, so bear with me. Also he's blonde.)

"You think so?" Taehyung asked unsurely and Jimin nodded. "As long as you feel comfortable."

Taehyung did feel really comfortable and he also felt pretty confident in these a little more extravagant clothes. The only thing worrying him was wether it wasn't too much for Jeongguk and his plan. Whatever it is going to be.

A knock echoed from the door and Taehyung's eyes widened in panic. "Yes?"

"Can I come in?" Jeongguk's voice ringed from behind, intensifying Taehyung's panic. He didn't expect him to wake up so soon.

"No, he's busy."

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" The confusion in the ravenette's voice was so evident, it made Jimin almost laugh.

While Taehyung still swam in a pool of nervousness. "Is it important, Gguk?" He asked unsurely, sure of the fact that he was intensifying the other's confusion with a question like this.

"I think so?... Why can't I come in?"

"Gay problems, just wait outside-

"I'm also gay?" Jeongguk responded to Jimin's exclamation.

Taehyung sighed. "Give me a second," he said and began putting of his clothes to put on the other things he was wearing before; speak Jeongguk's hoodie and simple grey sweats.

"What are you doing?" Jimin whisper-asked.

"It's just for now, the date's going to be later, I can change again. I just.. don't want him to see me like that already."

Jimin nodded understanding.

"What are you two doing there?" Jeongguk's voice resonated again, now more impatient.

Taehyung was done, having put on the clothes, instantly getting engulfed by Jeongguk's scent again. He walked to the door, unlocking it to reveal himself to the older.

"Hey, euhm... what's up?"

"I- wow.." Jeongguk stood frozen, eyes catching a sparkle as they landed on Taehyung. Suddenly, everything else was blended out, his mind blank. He forgot about jimin, he forgot about what he was going to say before. Actually, he forgot everything, but Taehyung in front of him. He thought Taehyung couldn't be more beautiful as he already was, but he once again proved he could. And it had Jeongguk in a daze.

"Y-you're wearing make-up?" He stumbled over his lips, still not being able to keep his eyes away.

Taehyung eyes widened first, because he completely forgot about the make-up. But then he looked down, suddenly feeling all shy. "Yeah... Is it too much? Maybe I should-

"No, no, it's perfect- you're perfect, I mean.." Embarrassed, Jeongguk scratched the back of his head. "You look very beautiful."

"Oh," the younger blurted out, smiling shyly as his cheeks change to a bright red. "Thanks."

"About our date," he began talking after a short awkward silence and Taehyung gave his full attention to him, shortly forgetting about the compliments from earlier. The date, that's important. "How about 6:30pm? Is that alright?"

"You know I'd be home anyways," Taehyung laughed, to which Jeongguk chuckled. "Where are we going?"

Jeongguk grinned. "That's a surprise."

Taehyung smiled, then looked down by a question. That question. "What should I wear?"

"Wear nothing!" Jimin shouted from the back and both Taehyung's and Jeongguk's eyes widened, before Taehyung acted fast, stepped outside and closed the door of his room, leaving Jimin laughing wickedly behind.

"D-don't listen to him," the blond mumbled, all embarrassed.

Jeongguk cleared his throat to overplay Jimin's words a little. "You should wear whatever you feel comfortable in."

That quite did not help Taehyung's outfit struggle, but he accepted it as it was given to him. He also did not want to bother Jeongguk with a problem this unnecessary, when the older was the one planning the date and all.

"Okay, euhm... what are you going to wear?"

Jeongguk squinted his eyes at the younger. "Since when do you worry about what to wear?"

He knew exactly why Jeongguk asked him that. Usually he was the fashionista around him and his friends, always knowing what to wear and what would fit. All of the sudden breaking his head over something that is exactly his specialty, is questionable.

But.. "This is my first real date, I'm just a little unsure and nervous, I guess," he admitted, feeling like it was a dumb thing to do, but hey, you only live once and you don't always have someone as understanding as Jeongguk in front of you.

Jeongguk's expression softened. "It's okay. There's nothing to be nervous about, it's just me, you know me since i still couldn't go to the toilet by myself," he told lovingly, trying to relax Taehyung a bit. "It's nothing that big, really. I wish I could make something greater for you, because that's what you deserve, but-

"No, Gguk, don't say that." Taehyung took Jeongguk's hand in his, giving him a smile. "This means a lot to me, I don't need more." And he meant it with his whole heart, even though he doesn't even know what Jeongguk has planned for them. "I'm very grateful and happy that we are going on this date and it doesn't matter where to or what we'll do, as long as it's with you."

Both smiled at each other.

"I guess you were busy. I just wanted to let you know when to be ready. I'll get going then.." He laughed awkwardly, "Well, I'm in the room next to yours, so, I'm not really gone, but you know what I mean, right?"

Taehyung let out a laugh, close to a giggle. "I think I know."

"Good," Jeongguk responded. Then he suddenly leaned towards Taehyung's ear, the blond's heart skipping a beat by that.

"You're pretty." His breath caressed Taehyung's earlobe and then did his lips, as he kissed the same spot.

Taehyung flushed immediately, but could not even respond before the touch of Jeongguk's hand left Taehyung and he was gone. Well, not really gone, but in the room next to Taehyung's, you know?

Jokes aside, he left Taehyung red like a tomato and with the most beautiful feeling inside. It is hard to summarize or simply describe a feeling like that, an emotion so strong it could literally have you in a chokehold. We have a name for it, but there is still no full definition of what that feeling actually does to you. We can describe, but not define it.

Love is just like that.

Easy to feel, hard to understand.

But it is there, between Taehyung and Jeongguk and for them, more is not needed.