30

SHADOW

10:23pm.

A yawn escaped Taehyung's lips, his cheeks in a deep pink because of tiredness, the darkest circles possible probably marking his eyes as he sat at his desk and did the homework he only found out he had to do five minutes ago. The small lamp on his desk together with the moonlight coming through the window were the only sources of lights, filling the room with a yellowish hue, one that had Taehyung wanting to close his eyes and just fall asleep there and then.

"Just a minute.." he mumbled to himself, resting his head on his arms and closing his eyes, fully being aware of the fact that he was going to fall asleep. He gladly sacrifices his homework for a little sleep though.

Even the imagination of sleep was interrupted by a sudden sound. Taehyung's head shot up by the rather loud sound in alarm and he looked around, confused.

He halted, the sound obviously coming from his window and light fear caressed at his insides, skin getting littered with goosebumps.

Warily, he got up. He gasped lowly, seeing a dark shadow on the floor of his room coming from outside, the fear increasing. The sound that was identified as knocking increased again and Taehyung flinched, taking slower steps to the window.

Once he could muster the source of the sound, he froze in his steps, eyes widening. "Jeongguk?"

It was him, outside in the icy rain, in front of Taehyung's window. The blond gasped once again, acting fast as he opened the window as quick as he could, heartbeat drowning the sound of the rain.

Jeongguk was here.

What was he doing here?

Jeongguk coughed as Taehyung helped him enter his room, his body shivering as their eyes locked once the ravenette was inside. "What are you doing here?"

He was panicking, he didn't know if it was the fact Jeongguk was simply here, or that the ravenette was soaked in cold rain water and can catch a nasty cold, worrying Taehyung to the core. "W-wait I'm g-getting you a towel. S-stay here."

Jeongguk silently watched Taehyung, as he got a beige towel from one of the shelfs in his closet and jogged back to Jeongguk, wrapping it around him. Taehyung felt Jeongguk's gaze burn his skin as he looked down at him and what he was doing.

"What are you doing here? You could catch a cold," he hissed, his hands trembling as he checked Jeongguk's forehead. He didn't know why this situation made him feel so restless. Probably one, because his mother could find out about Jeongguk sneaking through the window into his room, second, because Jeongguk didn't look good at all.

Taehyung sighed when Jeongguk didn't say anything, the worry he felt towards the raven haired so evident in those brown orbs.

"You can't just come through the window like that and just stand there," he spoke, voice small. "Let me get some clothes for you."

Taehyung was back to fishing in his closet, getting a hoodie that was too oversized for him, but would probably fit Jeongguk perfectly and some sweatpants his aunt bought him once, but were way too big for him. "Here, dress into these before you catch a cold."

"Thank you." Taehyung halted by the crack in Jeongguk's voice, the sound piercing through his chest, his worry increasing.

He was about to ask if Jeongguk was alright, when the question got knocked out of his throat as Jeongguk pulled of the wet black hoodie he was wearing, to put on the white one Taehyung picked out for him. It was probably not the best moment to lust over somebody, especially when they seemed to be in a vulnerable state, but Taehyung still felt a blush spread to his cheeks as he quickly turned around. "You could've said something.." Now he was stuck with the picture of Jeongguk shirtless and with long wet hair. Dear lord...

He swears he heard Jeongguk chuckle lightly.

"Are you done?" Taehyung asked then and Jeongguk hummed, to which the blond turned around, lost at words once again. "You should wear more light colors, they suit you."

"Not as well as black, I hope," the ravenette smiled weakly. Taehyung smiled back the softest way possible, his smile wavering though as he noticed Jeongguk's red nose and cheeks. He sighed softly. "Why are you here at this time and with this weather-

"I needed to see you."

Silence filled the room the moment these words sunk in. Taehyung got flustered again, but he felt like it wasn't the moment for that. Jeongguk was hiding. No, he was hurting. Knowing him for so long, Taehyung needs only one look into his eyes to see that. "What happened?"

Jeongguk's eyes moved down.

"Let's sit down," Taehyung suggested, taking a step towards his bed.

He never reached his bed though. A hand wrapped around his wrist and he got spun around, crashing with a hard, but warm chest, two strong arms wrapping around him.

"I'm sorry.." Jeongguk's voice rumbled through Taehyung's body like an electric shock, as he nuzzled his face into Taehyung's neck. The blond stood stunned, frozen, not comprehending the situation yet.

Maybe he didn't have to though. Tears pulled at the back of his eyes, as he let the warmth of the hug consume him whole. "You don't have to apologize for this-

Jeongguk shook his head, his hold on Taehyung tightening, filling the younger's tummy with butterflies. "Not for this.. For leaving. For destroying everything we had. I'm so sorry.."

Chest tightening and a sob threatening to leave his lips, Taehyung felt the tiredness from before hit him, the weight of it and Jeongguk's words suddenly pulling him down.

He said it. He apologized. The words Taehyung wished to hear this whole time finally reached his ears. He often looses the fight against his tears and starts crying and in this moment it happened once again. He was so weak when it came to Jeongguk.

He stayed quiet and just continued to let Jeongguk hold him, while silent tears rolled down his cheeks.

A few weeks ago, he probably would not have accepted Jeongguk's apology. Yet these last days were a full rollercoaster of feelings and thoughts and Taehyung knows Jeongguk was genuine about this.

So he hugged him back.

"You're forgiven.." he whispered, caressing Jeongguk's hair, as the raven haired tightened his hold once again, burying his nose deeper into the crook of Taehyung's neck.

"I'll make it up to you... All of it." His breath fanned against Taehyung's skin, shivers running down Taehyung's whole body.

"First you need to tell me what happened," Taehyung mumbled, slowly cutting away from the hug, but not letting go of Jeongguk. He couldn't let go- he wanted to hold him, forever if possible.

Their eyes locked.

"The reason I left is..."

author

🥁🥁🥁DRUM ROLL🥁🥁🥁