23

BIRTHDAY

The boys all scrambled to the couch in the living room. Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin and Taehyung were sitting on the couch, BamBam, Yugyeom and Namjoon on the carpet, while Jeongguk and Seokjin both sat on chairs, creating a circle.

"Are there more chairs left?" BamBam whined, looking at Jeongguk and Seokjin with something that looked like jealousy. Taehyung wondered if he was seriously jealous because he couldn't sit on a chair, or just drunk and very sensitive right now.

"Sorry bro, this broke ass had only enough cash to get two chairs," Yoongi chuckled, eyes wandering to Jimin. "I don't need more."

"Remind me to buy you a chair for your next Birthday, skrr," BamBam responded, before sitting up to get a small packed gift. "Open mine first, bro."

Taehyung found the way the red haired talked quite amusing. The silly sound affects that he makes even when he's sober are funny to him, made him laugh a few times already. It's his way of talking, isn't it?

"Hold up, Bam. The boyfriend should go first," Seokjin stopped him, everyone's eyes falling on Jimin now, who smiled sheepishly, cheeks coated in the probably most cutest blush ever. Yoongi fondly gazed at his boyfriend, silently encouraging him.

"I prepared something, but I need to get it," Jimin said, jumping up to leave the room and coming back a moment later with a huge birthday cake, a single candle neatly sitting at the top. Everyone gasped at the literal art creation. Taehyung was stunned to the core, he knew Jimin was talented when it came to baking, the tarts and brownies he always made were the best and Taehyung's forever favourites. Yet he never knew Jimin could outdo himself like this and create something that was museum worthy.

"Bro, you're talented as shit," Yugyeom commented, looking at the decorated cake.

"Make a wish," Jimin said shyly to Yoongi, whose loving eyes weren't on the cake, but on the creator. The love and appreciation Yoongi had for Jimin was so mesmerizing, Taehyung felt like the third party in a love movie, that watched the couple's bond grow with every second. The way every little gesture Jimin made left Yoongi to just silently stare at him with heart eyes is something that had every single's heart crying. Taehyung couldn't feel more happier for Jimin.

"Thank you so much, baby." Everyone in the room awed at the cute scenario, watching as Yoongi got up to walk towards Jimin and the cake. He closed his eyes shortly, as he made a wish and blew out the candle, the action getting followed by the clapping of his friends.

"Tae, can you hold this for a while?" Jimin asked, signalling to the cake. Taehyung of course got up and took the delicious treat out of his best friend's hands, holding it firmly, scared he could let it drop. "Thank you," Jimin smiled, before turning back to his boyfriend.

"Happy Birthday, Yoongi," Jimin spoke and the next thing he did has the room go silent for a second, before it got filled with loud cheers after. Jimin kissed Yoongi, his arms tightly slung around the older's neck, whose hands immediately took a hold of Jimin's waist, to kiss him back.

Many mistake Jimin for a bold queen, as he's known for being sassy, but he took this relationship seriously, he didn't want to rush any things and even though him and Yoongi have been dating for a few weeks already, he didn't find himself ready to take steps to the physical parts, which Yoongi was totally fine with. He was patient and it paid off, because Jimin turned it to the perfect birthday gift.

Subconsciouisly, Taehyung's eyes wandered to the quiet ravenette in the room, wishing they hadn't though, as he was already looking his way. Taehyung blushed embarassingly and averted his gaze to the cake in his hands, trying to play it off with a roll of his eyes. He shouldn't feel as flustered as he is just because Jeongguk was coincidentally already looking his way.

The couple parted, but remained looking at each other. "Damn, I should've wished to have my birthday everyday," Yoongi chuckled, which made Jimin smile and the rest coo at them. "You have me everyday though." Jimin purred.

"I'll start a justice club for singles, anyone joining?" Hoseok's voice cut through the atmosphere.

"I'm joining," Seokjin said which had Namjoon look at him offended.

"We're dating?" he said, but Seokjin only huffed. "You never asked me officially."

"Oh my god, I--

"Okayyyy, how about we let Yoongi open the rest of his gifts?" Jimin interrupted the chaos and everyone agreed, sitting back down in the circle.

Taehyung carefully placed the cake on the small table next to the couch and joined the circle too. Everyone gave Yoongi their presents and he thanked all of them and Taehyung felt proud when Yoongi got excited over the new basketball and the remote controlled car. Boys are so easy.

It was Jeongguk's turn now and Taehyung felt light anticipation for no reason, blaming it on the fact Jeongguk had made such a mystery over what his present for Yoongi is earlier. He got knocked out of any breath when Yoongi opened Jeongguk's gift. It was a miniature sculpture of apparently the birthday kid's favorite basketball player, Damien Lillard.

"Why are y'all so talented," Namjoon asked staring at the sculpture.

Taehyung stared too. For whatever reason he felt warm inside looking at the perfect sculpture. He remembers 15 years old Jeongguk telling him how he would love to be able to do this when he is older. Now he can, but Taehyung missed all the progress. Is that why Jeongguk didn't tell him? Because it was a dream of his, one he trusted to Taehyung. It's a vivid memory of when Jeongguk had mentioned this goal for the first time and it still feels like yesterday to Taehyung.

Before his thoughts could ruin his mood, someone else's voice stroke through the loud voices.

"Let's play truth or dare."

Author

shit's going down haha

i never knew i had this many drafts for my stories haha, but let me tell you i still have more than enough