38

YES

Taehyung chewed on his lip. They almost reached school and they were holding hands and he has nothing against it and all, but he felt a little uncomfortable- which had nothing to do with Jeongguk being the one holding his hand.

Generally, he hadn't told Jimin about his reconciliation with Jeongguk and about that they kissed, made out, actually confessed their feelings, oh and also that Jeongguk was going to live with them for a while.

Not only that, but being absent from school for two days, plus weekend, and suddenly coming back while holding your supposed "rival's" hand, was a big thing, something that will be definitely shocking for a lot of students. Even teachers.

"Jeongguk?" He called out softly. He was scared the older will think he doesn't want to be seen with him like that, which isn't the case, like at all. But things have been going already too fast lately, at least some stuff should go slow and take its time.

"Yeah?" The ravenette answered and Taehyung stopped walking. "This might sound shitty and all, but is it alright for you if we don't... show us in school yet? I have nothing against it if you want to and I'd love to hold your hand and so on, but I feel like things are going too..."

"...fast" Jeongguk ended, a soft smile on his lips, which surprised Taehyung.

He looked down. "Yeah.. everyone thinks we hate each other, I haven't even told Jimin about us yet. Can we maybe... wait a little bit? I'm still not used to this." Taehyung felt bad saying this.

"I understand, don't worry," Jeongguk spoke, reading Taehyung's troubled expression. "I'm sorry that things are going so fast, I loaded you with all my problems and feelings, it's too
much maybe."

Taehyung was about to disagree, but Jeongguk beat him to it, that soft smile still marking his lips. "I don't want to push you to do anything you don't like or are not comfortable with yet," he brushed a strand of Taehyung's hair behind his ear, his fingertips lingering on his cheek for a while, "I'll wait for you. This is me and you together, when it comes to things like this, the decision has to be made by the both of us."

He bend down a little to look straight into Taehyung's eyes, the younger getting butterflies by it. "Thank you for telling me this, baby. I appreciate your honesty."

Maybe- just maybe- Taehyung melted on the spot. He smiled shyly. The nickname, the words, the way Jeongguk talked, everything was dripping fuel into the fire of admiration that Taehyung held inside for him.

"Thank you," he stumbled over his lips, giving into a small desire inside of him, that told him to be near Jeongguk. He wrapped his arms around the older's torso, pressing his face into his chest in the softest manner possible. He was so thankful for Jeongguk.

Jeongguk smiled, looking down to the boy to see he had his eyes closed, looking so comfortable. He wrapped his arms around Taehyung too and gently brushed his hand over his head.

And they remained like this for a short while, no words getting exchanged, while they swayed in between the waves of gratitude and love, appreciation and admiration.

"Hey you, were you dead or something?" Taehyung looked away from the view outside to see his best friend now sitting next to him in the classroom, that used to be almost empty a few minutes ago.

He smiled. "Hey, Chim," he greeted, to which Jimin rolled his eyes. "Where were you yesterday?"

"I wasn't feeling well," Taehyung lied.

Jimin sat down, pulling the stuff he needs for this lesson out of his backpack. "So unwell, you couldn't answer my messages?"

Guilt spread through Taehyung. "I'm sorry... I had a strong headache, looking at my phone would've just intensified it."