36

I'M HERE

Hana placed her coffee on the couch table and sat down, crossing one leg over the other. "Okay starting off from, what happened at Yoongi's birthday party, to how did Jeongguk end up sleeping in your bed last night, why were you just kissing? I feel left out," she stated, feeling a little disappointed. Taehyung tells her everything, hiding something like this did hurt a little bit. After Taehyung's father and she filed the divorce, it has always been only her and her son, also Jeongguk when he still stuck around.

They only had each other.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything. Everything happened really fast though, so..," Taehyung said guiltily, Hana just nodded appreciably. "It's okay, now spill."

"So-"

"No, let me.." Jeongguk interrupted Taehyung, with a pleading look. The younger nodded.

Jeongguk began to tell Hana everything, starting from why he started to distance himself from the Kims, why they moved and why everything that happened this past two months happened the way it did.

"[...] and we kind off.. like each other, so euhm.." By the last part, both him and Taehyung were blushing messes, wishing for nothing more but to bury themselves under a rock. Of course Jeongguk had left out some parts, like how they made out at Yoongi's party or how they were almost caught making out by Jeongguk's parents today and had to breakout of their house.

Hana starred at both of them. "You're telling me y-you're a couple?"

Is it too late to find a good rock to get buried beneath?

Taehyung's cheeks glowed in red and Jeongguk quickly shook his head with a nervous laughter. "N-no. I mean.." he looked at Taehyung, "not yet at least."

The room went silent, while Taehyung blushed beet red, his heart accelerating and Jeongguk felt even more nervous than before, now that he made his intentions with Taehyung unintentionally clear.

"Did you have sex?"

"Mom!" Taehyung whined.

"Stop whining! By the stuff I'm finding out right now, I wouldn't be surprised if you tell me you're pregnant!"

"MOM! I'm a boy!" Taehyung never felt this embarrassed before. "We.. just kissed. Nothing more," he said quietly. He couldn't believe that he had to say this.

All of the sudden, Hana started laughing. leaving The two boys watched her, startled.

"Wh-what-

"Jeongguk, when you two were younger.." her laughter weakened until her lips remained in a soft smile. "I always knew you liked my son. I also knew you never stopped liking him." Actually, she knows Jeongguk's 'liking' towards Taehyung is more than a simple liking and she can bet on everything that Jeongguk is also fully aware on it, waiting for the moment he can confess to Taehyung. That's why she will keep the L-word out of her vocabulary, until Jeongguk drops it first.

"You weren't subtle and it was obvious," she continued, looking at the ravenette while speaking to him. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents having this as their reason for separating you from Taehyung though. I had a hunch, but hearing it pisses me off. And of course you can stay here however long you want. After all..." She reached out for her purse that was lying on the table and pulled her briefcase out of it.

Jeongguk's eyes widened as she pulled out a small photo, that showed a woman in her mid-thirties and two little boys, all three smiling while building a sand castle. The photo was taken years ago and Jeongguk recognized it immediately. A warm feeling settled in his chest. "You still have it?"

Taehyung was also fascinated, surprised even to see his mother carrying a picture of him, Jeongguk and her in her wallet.

Hana smiled. "You are my boys, my babies. Jeongguk, I basically raised you.." she pointed out and there was nothing to object, because it was the truth. "I want you to know, I'm talking to both of you, that whenever there's something that's bothering you, I'm here. You have my full support and I'm so glad to see you back together." Her smile only widened with her genuine words.

They never felt more grateful then they did now. Taehyung has always been aware of how amazing his mom is, but right now, it was crystal clear, for both him and Jeongguk.

She took Jeongguk's hands in hers, the ravenette barely even holding his tears in. "Take care of my son, yeah?"

Taehyung gasped inaudibly, his eyes instantly falling to Jeongguk, who didn't even hesitate to respond, "I promise, I will."

And so, promises were made, one spoken out loudly, million others still being unspoken.

But even then, both boys were fully aware of what they were feeling for each other.

There wasn't much stopping them
anymore.