Chapter Six - Hurray, The Power's Out

Ryan plonked himself onto his blue leather couch and lay across it. I raised my eyebrows as I looked around his living room. It was so cool. I didn’t know how I didn’t notice how awesome it was when I first arrived at his apartment after our date … Blue really was his favourite colour. I could have sworn I was in an aquarium, except there were no fishes to be seen, or water, as a matter of fact. The only light in the room was radiated by the television, which was playing a few overly loud and annoying commercials. I followed Ryan, hesitantly stopping in front of him. He smirked up at me, and then, instantaneously, he seized my hips and pulled me onto him.

I screamed as I fell, but he caught me firmly and placed me on the couch so I was lying in to him. I rested my head against him, my cheeks blazing. He reached over me to grab the remote and flicked the channels for a minute, turning on a soccer match. I rolled my eyes, but decided to stay silent. It was his house, after all. Even though I wasn’t tired, I closed my eyes. After a while, I glanced up at Ryan, and found him watching me instead of the football.

‘Are you warm? Your cheeks are really flushed,’ he said, putting a hand on one of my ruby red cheeks. ‘As far as I know, I didn’t leave the heating on ... Will I go turn on the air conditioning, or something? Oh, actually I don’t even think this apartment has air conditioning ...’

‘No – I’m fine.’ I said quickly, trying to look over my shoulder at the television, even though I had no interest in sports whatsoever. Wow, a group of men chasing after a ball! I didn’t see the big deal. I turned back around, bored. Suddenly, Ryan shifted himself up on the couch and began taking off his shirt. My jaw dropped open at his casualness.

‘What the hell are you doing?’ I yelled, grabbing the top open buttons of his shirt.

‘I’m too warm,’ he smirked, moving my hands away and continuing the undo of his buttons. ‘Or, should I say I’m too hot? Or, I’m too sexy for my shirt –’

‘Well, go throw on a t-shirt, or something,’ I told him, ignoring the teasing.

‘Nope,’ Ryan sighed, flinging his navy shirt over the back of the couch and wrapping his arms back around me. While he seemed to turn his attention back to the soccer game, I couldn’t stop gawking at his bare chest. How could he be so beautiful?

It looked as though it was carved to utter perfection, like a masterpiece of Michelangelo, or something. He was so muscled that he must have actually lived in the gym. Without thinking, I brought my hand up to feel his abs. His skin was so soft and tough. I had never felt a man’s body in my life before this so I was bound to be curious. I only moved my hand away when I heard Ryan chuckle.

‘I-I’m sorry,’ I said, blushing. ‘Don’t know what the hell I’m doing …’

‘I don’t mind you touching me, Laura,’ he laughed, before giving me a quick kiss. ‘In fact, it feels nice. You can keep going, if you want. Actually, while you’re there, why don’t you give me a nice massage? I’ll give you one, if you’d like one, too? I give nice massages ...’

I looked up at him, blushing even more. ‘No, that’s okay, Ryan.’

He grabbed my face roughly and kissed my again. His supple lips mashed against mine painfully, but, instead of pulling away, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed myself closer to him. He really was hot, and not only in looks, but in temperature – I could even feel his warmth through my sweatshirt.

We stopped for a minute to breathe, but brought our lips back together again. My heart was beating fervently against my chest. Who cared if this was only my second day knowing this man? He loved me, and, without knowing why, I think I loved him, too. The energy burning inside me was taking over my thoughts, and I soon found myself hungry for Ryan. I didn’t want to stop being around him. I wanted to be with him every minute of the day. I wanted him to know how I felt, even though I wasn’t sure exactly what I was feeling.