"I - He was spying on me," explains the youngest Malfoy. "He used his stupid cloak to spy on us, the bloody idiot," he says, sighing in frustration. "It's - I've - I've tried for years to reach out to him but I never could," Draco settles on saying after appearing to be deep in thought. "Now it's too late. He's a nuisance. Him trying to help or whatever the fuck he thinks he's doing is just ruining everything for me. So, please, if you end up talking to him just tell him to back off and mind his own business."

The black haired girl raises an eyebrow at her brother, making him groan. "I know! Maybe the Petrificus Totalus was too much, I know that. He just drives me insane with his worried eyes and that permanent scowl etched upon his face. Damn that Potter."

"Yeah, the Full Body Bind curse was too much," Carina decides to say, ignoring the rest of her brother's statement - for his sake. "That's not important now... Just don't do it again, alright?"

Draco shrugs. "Father got arrested," he says suddenly, resting both hands on his knees.

"I know," replies Carina, lips pursed, turning her head and staring at the wall in front of her. Ever since she was a little girl, she'd hoped for an outcome like this. What she didn't expect, was for it to feel so bittersweet. "It was all over the papers... and for that, I'm sorry, Dragon," she feels Draco tense up beside her. "I know how you feel. It's never fun to have people talking about your family, it's worse when the light shed on them is so negative -"

"- He deserves this and more," mutters Draco, shaking his head. "Don't give me sympathy for him, please. Not after everything he did to you," he almost sounds offended by her words. "It was different when you heard people talking about Sirius, he's innocent, and he always was. Not Father, though. Locking him up is the least they can do." Carina steals a glance in his direction and hums.

"You can still feel sad... he's your father," she mumbles. It's crystal clear, at least to her, that a part of Draco, albeit a small part, misses his father. Lucius wasn't always a monster, not to Draco anyway. It's always hard for victims of psychological abuse to see their abusers for what they truly are, and Draco is going to be no exception, Carina knows that much. "That doesn't change the fact that you love me and I know that you do, you won't ever have to worry about that," she promises.

At her words, Draco's shoulders relax visibly and he even leans his forehead against Carina's shoulder, breathing out in relief. "Merlin, you don't know how much I've needed to see you and hear your voice these past months..." his voice comes out in a whisper. He's clearly tired because in less than five minutes his eyes close and his breathing evens. Carina can tell he's asleep, so, with slow movements, she lays him down.

It's not surprising that even after all that, he doesn't wake. The green eyed girl sighs as she watches him for a few seconds, shaking her head at the sight. "Sleep tight, Dray," she murmurs, squeezing his hand before standing up and leaving, not making any noise. As she walks out of the dorms and into the Common Room, she ignores the students that are sitting around the table and makes her exit.

The black haired girl walks upstairs, humming under her breath as she relives the memories of her time here. A small, wistful smile grows on her lips as her fingertips trace the stone walls of the castle. Memories of Cassius and Adrian fill her head, the three of them running around, having the time of their lives. She had no idea back then, but those were the moments that shaped her into the witch she is now. "Miss Black-Lupin," at the sound of her name, Carina looks up finding Professor McGonagall standing in front of her. "A word?"

"I -" The words get stuck in her throat, chest tightening. "- Alright," she settles on saying. A grin grows on McGonagall's face and she nods, making her way to her office, knowing Carina would follow suit. It takes the black haired girl a second, but she starts walking behind the Professor after taking a deep breath. Part of Carina wants to stop and go home, specially when they walk through and past the Main Hall, having the exit be right by her side isn't helpful in the slightest. However, after talking to Lee and Draco, she feels a sort of courage and bravery she hasn't felt in ages. She can't let that go to waste.