Chapter 10

The fiends were back in their hidden room in the tavern discussing their objective.

"The United World Building, dear comrades in crime. Our objective: the security council. Sitting like fat birds in a tree just waiting to be snatched. And you bungled it again! Again, the Dynamic Duo escaped our trap!" said Catwoman.

"Faugh! Passing porpoises which intercept torpedoes! There ought to be a piscatorial statute!" the Penguin squawked.

"Time is getting short. We've got to get Batman before he gets us" said the Riddler.

"Hmm, perhaps I could lure him into the fatal embrace of a giant exploding octopus" said the Penguin.

"You silly bird! They've just been through one of your fishy explosions! And they're still in one piece!" the Joker shouted.

"Indeed? I suppose they'll be broken up by your moldy jokes!" the Penguin shouted back. 

"Shut up, all of you! I see the way to do it. We'll play each of our treacherous trumps in one hand and we'll do it right here" said the Riddler.

"How?" said the Penguin.

"How? The end... the end... oh!" the Riddler giggled.

He stood up and pranced towards a window to explain his plan.

"We shall spring him from the Joker's jack-in-the-box, through that window, out over the sea and into the waiting arms of the Penguin's exploding octopus! The trigger: one of my riddles of course. And the bait: you, Catwoman" the Riddler explained.

"You're mad, Riddler! The minute Batman spots her, he'll bop her with a Batarang" said the Joker.

"You don't understand, Joker. She will be disguised as Kitka. And as Kitka, she will lure some millionaire into a kidnap trap" said the Riddler.

"Of course! With a clever clue pointing here" said the Penguin. 

"Which will make Batman race to the rescue!" said the Joker.

"Capital! But who are we going to kidnap?" said the Penguin.

"Ah! I know the perfect victim. I know the perfect victim! Bruce Wayne. The millionaire head of that disgusting, do-gooding Wayne Foundation" said the Riddler.

"Oh, delicious! Just the sort of square citizen Batman would dash to rescue" the Joker cackled.

"And snap!" the Riddler added. 

"Into our combination trap" finished the Penguin.

"Purr-fect, Riddler. Purr-fect" said Catwoman.

She took off her mask and practiced her Kitka introduction.

"Comrade Wayne, my name is Kitanya Irenya Tatanya Karenska Alisoff. I'm from the Moscow Bugle. My friends call me Kitka."