Chapter 11

Soon after some more sightseeing Rouge went back to base and left me to do my own things. She had only done so when I told her I had one more thing to do so she ended up going back. I of course didn't say what it was. I had went back to see how Infinite. He had already left the hospital and ended up looking in much better shape. We returned to the alleyway I once found him in.

"You know. You could always come with me after I reveal my secret to them. I do plan to in a few days as long as things go well." Infinite shook his head. I had already filled him in on what I had done and what I had planned. "Come on, man. If they are willing to give me a second chance then I can get them to give you one too. You don't have the phantom ruby corrupting you now so its bound to work out.

"You failed to realize that they had no knowledge on how the ruby worked on me. They would be foolish to give me a chance... And that Shadow... He killed my squad. Eggman told me so." His fists shook with rage at the mention of Shadow. But he killed them. I looked up everything concerning the jackal squad and found that they are very still alive.

"My research tells me that was a lie. Eggman has a knack for lying to his 'allies'. Perhaps I can help you find them at some point." As I said this Infinite was very much surprised but after Eggman had betrayed him he shouldn't be surprised.

"I would like that... Maybe I will take up your offer." I smiled and patted his head. He let out a small purr but immediately grabbed my hand after.

"Don't touch my head you buffoon!"

"Aw come on! You liked it."

"N-NO I DIDN'T!"

I had returned to resistance base soon after. Though I did promise while I haven't revealed my secret I will give him food since I will not be able to eat. Not long after I was called by Amy.

"Ah there you are, Ben. Cmon. Me, Sonic, Tails, Cream and Rouge have a surprise for you." I raise an eyebrow. A surprise? 

"What is it? I ask cluelessly. Amy grabbed my arm and ran down a hall. "Woah! I can run just fine thank you very much!" She ended up stopping at a door.

"Go ahead. Open the door." She said as she gestured to it. I raised an eyebrow in confusion but did so anyways. As I did what I saw surprised me. It was a room with a bed, nightstand, desk and a computer. Sonic, Tails, Cream and Rouge were all there. They all yelled surprise at me.

"What is this?"

"This is your room, silly." Amy responded with a big smile. "You see we had to get you out so you wouldn't find out so we had Rouge take you out for a bit." My eyes widen My own room? Eggman never even gave me one of those. I smiled gratefully.

"Thank you all very much. I appreciate this all very much." They all smiled.

"Not a problem, buddy. Your apart of the team now so its no sweat. Nice threads by the way." I smile and thank him. So this is why Rouge really invited me out. This has already been a great day. But now I'm starting to think about making a pod again.

"Hey Tails. I've been meaning to ask. Could you help me build something?"

"Your an inventor too?"

"Hardly but I kinda need something.

Despite some confusion we did help me make a recharging pod for myself. We had it placed in a corner in my room.

"So why do you need this anyways?" The two tailed fox asked. Now I need to figure out an excuse.

"Well uhm you know how I use a lot of chaos power right?" He nods. Okay but now what do I say?! I pause for a moment but then something hits me.

"Well electricity helps me regain normal energy I use up." Tails seemed a little confused but he smiles none the less. 

"Well I'm always happy to help" I smile as well. Well that worked out better than I thought.

Though outside my door the familiar black hedgehog stood leaning up against the wall near it.

"So it is him..."

Despite all that happened throughout the day it seemed like the gang had a mission they need to go on. They didn't want to bring Cream though so I decided to stay at the base to watch her. Though when I was told why they didn't want to bring Cream with was because they didn't want to put her is any danger at the moment. Her mother, Vanilla had actually passed during the war. This information saddened me quite a bit. Perhaps if I had left Eggman sooner I could have prevented that. Cream was far too young to lose her mother. So in a heartbeat I volunteered to stay with her. After I had done some coloring with her I made noodles for dinner. I had no knowledge on how to cook to I picked an easy thing to do. Cream of course did not complain and thanked me. This honestly made me feel proud like I had done a great thing for her. I'm feeling quite fond of this rabbit I won't lie.

"Mister, Ben. Now that we're done eating would you like to watch the stars with me. You see my mother and I used to do so and..." She looked down with a little bit of sadness.

"Oh course Cream. I would love to." I patted her head which cheered her up instantly. We then walked outside and I did the same thing I had done with Silver the night before. This time it was different though. With Cream right next to me and her chao, Cheese on my forehead. Cream giggled at her chao's antics and continued to look  at the stars. Again all of this felt so familiar to me. Every time I see the stars I feel like I'm in space looking down at the world below. Why did I feel this way anyways. My mind quickly went off the subject as a mechanical arm suddenly grabbed Cream. She shouted in shock. I quickly got up to see who had done such a thing.

I should have known who it was though.

Doctor Eggman.