Chapter 2

It was already grown dark by the time I got back to base. With Eggman's victory he soon set his sights on the rest of the world, but of course not without a celebration of his victory. He didn't even send any of his robots to find me. I should have figured just as much. I walked towards Eggman's office hoping that he would have the time to fix me up. As I got to the door Infinite was leaving. He noticed me of course.

"My my. What on earth happened to you?" He asked me. I looked at him. My voice was still glitchy.

"S-Shadow the hedgehog is w-what happen-ened..." I could see Infinite's left eye widen from behind his mask.

"I see that illusion I gave him did not effect him for long. I will see it that I get revenge on him once I get the chance." I spoke up right after.

"So it w-was him y-you spoke of awh-while back. You w-were never th-the same aft-er your fight with h-him. I d-do not seek re-venge. I just want to b-be fixed..." Infinite nodded.

"It appears you will have to wait my robotic friend. He is too busy celebrating to do such things at the moment." I let out a robotic groan.

"I should h-have g-guessed... D-do tell h-him to get m-me in the m-morning... I do not k-know how long I w-will be able to f-function like this."

"Of course" He spoke to me. " I wouldn't want you to feel such agony for long my friend. I will also guess that you do not have a phantom ruby prototype with you." I shook my head.

"I thought not. Regrettable but with our victory I do not believe it will matter. Get some rest. That is an order."

 I nodded. And walked away to my charging pod. Infinite was not the same since he fused with the ruby but he remained my friend after that. In fact I believe after his squad, jackal squad, had been defeated I became his only friend. Put it seems over time that ruby has corrupted his mind. I didn't like it... Not one bit. Regardless though I know how I will be spoken to if I speak my mind in such ways.

I walked to a small room with a pod. The pod is something that can of course charge me up. In a way it is my version of sleep. Sometimes I can even have dreams. Though the dreams I have are always blurry and... stressful? Something terrible always seems to happen in it but I can never make out what. I stepped into my pod as my vison went black and I powered off for the night.

Muffled gunshots could be heard in the distance. Screams of people begging for their lives only to be stopped with a shot. I seemed to be running with a shot figured girl. I couldn't make out her face. It was blurry. I soon saw men with guns. I tried to attack them but as I knocked a few gun several bullets were fired from the other soldier. I collapsed to the ground. I heard the girl yell my name only to be shot out herself. I screamed.

"NO! MAR-"

My eyes shot open as I awake from my pod. I saw Eggman before me with a smirk on his face.

"Nice of you to awake B-3N. Infinite has already filled me in on how your mission went. You disappoint me. But alas I do have further use for you. With my victory over Sonic I need someone that can protect me at all times. And I have decided that you will have to do." Me? Eggman's bodyguard? If this is my new mission I must disappoint again.

"Of course, Doctor. I will not fail you again."

"See to it that you don't."