chapter ten

Two weeks later and Harry was scrolling through his Wattpad profile. He stopped when he noticed the story sitting in his drafts:

James Evans and the Path to Freedom.

He had almost forgotten that it had been there, having not written in it for a few weeks now. Reading through it, he gained an odd sort of happiness from reliving his previous memories and smiled.

It was a shame it could never be exposed to the real world, though.

"Harry."

He jerked his head up at the sound of his name and saw Theo Nott approaching his desk looking sheepish.

"Can we talk after class?"

From next to him, Ron eyed him suspiciously, gauging his reaction. He and Hermione had sat him down and explained everything that happened between him and Draco, and it would be an understatement to say he was not best pleased.

"Sure," Harry said reluctantly, remembering Draco's comment about him from the last time they spoke.

"Thanks," Theo said, giving him an awkward thumbs up and walking back to his desk.

"The Slytherin boys really are swarming you, Harry," Ron snorted. "I'd be jealous if I wasn't so disgusted."

"Shut it, you," Harry said. "They're not that bad. Anymore, at least."

"Whatever you say, mate," Ron shrugged. "Personally, I think you should turn them all down and go for someone a bit more appealing."

"Damien is appealing," Harry argued.

Ron just shook his head before continuing his work. His phone vibrated in his hands and he looked down.

lucidM: i love you

Ron sighed. "Him again. Doesn't he have lessons to be in and work to do?"

Ignoring his friend, Harry eagerly typed back a response.

hjevans: i love you too!

"Yuck!" Ron gagged.

"No one's asking you to read my messages, you nosy git!" Harry laughed.

lucidM: what class are you in now?

hjevans: charms with the slytherins... which means you must be here!

Harry almost looked up and started looking around for Slytherin boys with ducked heads before another message came through.

lucidM: remember your promise, harry?

lucidM: anyway, what did theodore nott come talk to you about?

hjevans: oh he just wants to talk to me after class

lucidM: don't do it

hjevans: excuse me?

lucidM: i know i'm coming off as controlling, but... please don't

hjevans: why not?

lucidM: because the whole of slytherin house knows his feelings for you at this point

hjevans: ...so?

lucidM: he probably wants to ask you out or something!

hjevans: ...and?

lucidM: what do you mean 'and'??

hjevans: that doesn't mean i shouldn't hear out what he has to say! anyways, maybe it's something completely unrelated