chapter seven

The next day Harry went to the library at the designated time and was a little shocked to see Draco was already seated at the table they'd arranged to sit at. Had he come early?

"Hello," Harry said a little shyly, nodding to Draco as he took. The blonde was deeply immersed in a book and looked at Harry over the top of it and raised an eyebrow.

"You're late," he said. "Care to explain why?"

Harry's eyebrows furrowed. "Late? We said to meet at noon..."

"And it's two minutes past noon," Draco informed him, checking a gold watch on his wrist for dramatic effect.

"Oh," Harry said, a little confused as to how Malfoy could classify that as 'late', but shrugged nonetheless. "Well, I'm sorry-"

"You don't seem very sorry," Malfoy noted, setting down his book and leaning forward slightly.

Harry was almost irritated now. Hermione was right, Draco was most certainly not Damien. Sweet, caring Damien. Draco Malfoy was the opposite of everything that made up Damien. "Well, I am. Anyways-"

"How long have you fancied me for, Potter?" Draco interrupted.

Harry spluttered. "Sorry, what?"

"You heard me," Draco smirked. "How long have you fancied me for?"

"I-" then he remembered that Draco didn't know Harry suspected him of being Damien, and just thought Harry had asked him out because he liked him. "Uhm, since third year."

Draco looked a little surprised, and an odd look passed over his face. "Really? Third year?"

"Yeah, why?" Harry asked.

"I just thought it might have been a little more recent than that," Draco said. "You certainly never let your feelings be known."

"Oh, you know-"

"Why did you date that Weasley girl?" Draco pressed on. "If you liked me back then."

Harry blanched. "What?"

"I said-"

"I know what you said," Harry cut him off, eyes narrowing. "I just don't remember saying 'interrogation' instead of 'date' when I asked you out."

"Oh, interrogation?" Malfoy flushed a little, leaning back a little. "Sorry, I forgot myself a little."

"A little?" Harry snorted. "Understatement of the century."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Potter."

"Harry."

Draco looked at him oddly. "I know your name."

"Then use it," Harry said stubbornly. "It's only fair."

"Fine... Harry."

The brunet beamed in response. "Thank you."

"Whatever," Draco repeated, shoving his chin into his hand as he rested his elbow on the book he had on the table.

Two minutes later and Madame Pince came around the corner, and looked as if she were about to faint when she saw how Draco had half of his weight on one of her precious books. She promptly chased them out the library.

"No shame!" she shrieked, hair falling out of her tight bun.

Harry and Draco were panting by the time they had escaped her clutches, Harry leaning against the wall of the corridor to catch his breath, Draco slumped over on his knees.

"That... was... bloody... scary..." Harry said between wheezes.

Draco looked over at him and chuckled. "You're a lot less fit than I thought for a Captain of the Quidditch Team."

"Alright, alright, not like you're much better," Harry said, rolling his eyes a little.

"Well at least I don't look and sound like I'm having a seizure," Draco said haughtily. "And that was a disaster. What will we do now?"

Harry shrugged. "Roam the castle or something, I don't know. This is your fault, you know, who told you to go resting your elbow on a book in the library of all places? You know what that witch is like..."

"Yes, well, you're the one who suggested to have a date in the library," Malfoy said.

Technically it was Hermione's idea, Harry wanted to argue, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Come on, we can't let that ruin it," Harry said, reaching forward and grabbing ahold of Malfoy's hand in a moment of bravery. It was smooth and hard, but also quite soft. Malfoy looked at their conjoined hands before looking back to Harry and sighing.

"Oh, alright," he conceded. "But it'd better be worth it."

Harry tugged Malfoy along as he travelled to the seventh floor where the Room of Requirement sat, waiting for them.

The Room had transformed itself into a large pillow room when they entered, with big fluffy cushions littering the floor and incredibly comfortable blankets coating the floor.

"You couldn't have thought of anything else?" Malfoy said, his lips curled in a sneer as they toed off their shoes at the front of the room and walked in. Ignoring him, Harry collapsed onto the floor and took a deep breath.

"I didn't really think of anything," he said after a minute, when Malfoy had come to sit next to him. "Just somewhere relaxing."

"Well, at least the Room did its job," Malfoy said, slowly lying down next to Harry and propping up on his elbow to look down at him. They were so close that Harry could feel the blonde's breath fanning his face. He smelt like mint and apples and the heat he radiated was so warm.

"How long have you fancied me, Draco?" Harry whispered, staring into his eyes.

The blonde smiled. "Long enough, Harry."

He leaned down and their lips brushed and Harry sighed into it, reaching up to tangle a hand into Draco's blond locks and pull him closer.

But then he remembered Damien... what if Malfoy wasn't him? Was this... was this cheating? But were they even dating?

He pulled away slightly, and Draco frowned, pulling back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just... remembered something," Harry said suddenly, getting up. Draco watched him put his shoes back on and hastily leave the room with a deep frown.

A few minutes later, his phone vibrated from his robe pocket and he took it out.

harry
hey damien, what are we?

He smiled slightly when he finally realised why Harry had left so abruptly and typed back a response.

damien
whatever you want us to be

***
yay another chapter! how'd you like it?

vote, comment and add to your library for updates!!