chapter six

harry
what are you doing?

damien
thinking about you
you?

harry
oh, shut up, you sap
same

now who's the sap?

harry
still you
biggest romantic in hogwarts

damien
your romantic

harry
heh... yeah

damien
what happened between you and your girlfriend, by the way?

harry
what? what girlfriend??

damien
oh, you know, weaselette

harry
weaselette?

damien
oh, sorry, autocorrect
i meant weasley*

harry
oh, ok
well, it wasn't really working out. we weren't ready to be in a relationship so soon after the war.

damien
then why are you so readily intimate with me?

harry
...
you're different...

damien
how so?

harry
it's just... ginny first started liking me when she found out i was harry potter. she never really got to know me before that. but you liked me before you even knew i was a wizard. not that ginny didn't ever love me for myself

damien
i didn't know you felt that way...
is that why you thought i didn't like you after finding out who you were? because people changed their views so much after meeting you?

harry
that, and because i thought you were probably too overwhelmed by it

damien
har, don't get too bigheaded there, potter

Harry was confused now. 'Weaselette' and 'Potter'? Now... who did that sound like?

Only one person came to mind... but Harry couldn't bear the thought of the possibility.

His enemy, Draco Malfoy... could he possibly be Damien?

He instantly fled the boys' dormitories.

"HERMIONE!"

***

"I find it very unlikely that Draco Malfoy is Damien," Hermione said skeptically.

"Why?" Harry panted, still slightly out of breath. She just raised an eyebrow and crossed her legs from where she sat on the common room sofa.

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked, sniggering a little. "You two despise each other!"

"But he said that I wouldn't want to know who he is because... I won't like what I see. Another thing, Hermione, is that his username for Wattpad is 'lucidM'! It's got his initials in there!"

Hermione looked reluctant. "Well... I suppose you could call it a feasible theory but... what about Nott?"

"What about him?" Harry asked curiously. "I don't like him at all!"

"But you don't like Malfoy either," Hermione pointed out.

"Well, maybe I just didn't know him properly," Harry said a little stubbornly.

Hermione sighed. "Look, just test it out! Ask Malfoy out on, I don't know, a date to the library. If he says yes, then we can look into this further!"

So it was decided, Harry was going to ask Draco Malfoy out to the library. Even though he wasn't fully sure Draco was Damien, or if he was even remotely interested in him. But he shoved down these doubts as he looked over at the other side of the Charms classroom where he was sat.

Malfoy didn't seem to notice Harry's eyes on him. Maybe he'd grown used to it over the years, maybe they now felt like a small pinch rather than a current of paranoia that made the hairs on his arm stand.

At the end of the lesson, Harry carefully followed Malfoy down the corridor before calling out.

"Malfoy!"

The blond's back stiffened before he turned around, eyes narrowing. "What?"

"Uhm," Harry stepped towards him, feeling a blush creeping up his neck. "Want to go to the library with me sometime?"

"What, like a date?" Malfoy said, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah," Harry said, wanting to melt into the ground as Malfoy smirked patronisingly.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen," he said, amusement sparkling in his eyes. "You want to go on a date with me?"

"Yes," Harry said, gritting his teeth. "But, obviously you don't want to, so I'll just-"

"Who said I didn't?" Malfoy said quickly, walking closer to Harry until their noses almost brushed.

"So, you will?" Harry whispered, his breath blowing slightly at the loose hairs on Malfoy's forehead. 

"Why not?" Malfoy said, shrugging with nonchalance. "I'll see you tomorrow, Potter."

And he walked away, leaving Harry more confused than ever.

***

okkk soo... updating was really hard for me recently so sorry about the short chapter </3

don't forget to vote, comment and add to your library for future updates!

and make sure to go check out my discord server, which is super fun with amazing people and secure moderation yay!

invite link: https://discord.gg/akqNceKrSD