chapter eight

"Oh God, I may need to reconsider what I said about Draco Malfoy," Hermione said, burying her hands into her hair as she paced around the deserted common room, Harry sitting on one of the plush armchairs by the fire with his face covered by his hands.

"I think I need to reconsider everything I ever thought about Draco Malfoy!" Harry said, his face burning red. "I knew it was a date and all, but to go as far as to kiss me?!"

"You hadn't even told me you'd already asked him out!" Hermione said, outraged. "Why did you hide it from me? We didn't even talk out strategies!"

Harry looked down at his lap. "You know, in case it all went pear-shaped."

She rolled her eyes and fell into the seat across from Harry. "And my God, Harry! You ran away after he kissed you?"

"Yes!" Harry said, becoming defensive and flushing. "I didn't know what to do!"

"Well how about next time someone kisses you, don't run away!" she exclaimed.

"Next time?" Harry questioned. He shook his vehemently. "Absolutely not. I cannot face Malfoy after what happened."

She gave him a look. "Harry. Where's that Gryffindor courage?"

"Long gone," Harry said, uncaring. "I value my Gryffindor pride over my Gryffindor courage, thanks."

She let out a sigh and slowly rose from her seat. "I guess you'll never know if he was Damien, then."

Harry bit his lip but stood up as well. "Wait! Don't- don't give up... What should I do?"

"Go talk to him!" she said, clearly exasperated, moving past him to go up to the girls' dormitories. 

"Damien or Draco?" Harry called after her, but there was no response.

***

Donel stared at his father's outstretched hand.

"Join me, son," he repeated with a smirk.

He could feel fury bubble up from the depths of his soul. "You killed Havu..."

Lysander merely sighed. "Son, you will soon come to realise that I killed him for your own good. He was distracting you from your destiny-"

"He was changing me!" Donel exclaimed, tears flooding his eyes. "He was making me good, and you couldn't stand it."

He scoffed at the pale hand that was being handed out to him. "I'll never join you! I hope you rot in the depths of Tartarus."

Harry was ecstatic! Donel had finally stood up to his father, after so many chapters of bending to his will. On the other hand, Havu was still dead...

hjevans: i hate you

lucidM: what, why?

hjevans: you killed off havu!

lucidM: every good story needs a sacrifice, harry

hjevans: well, not this one!

hjevans: please?

lucidM: please what?

hjevans: ...

lucidM: oh no, absolutely not!

lucidM: do you know how abhorrent it is to resurrect a character?

lucidM: makes you look totally spineless!

hjevans: ...

lucidM: harry...

hjevans: damien...

lucidM: oh, fine.

hjevans: wow, really?

lucidM: no, no, no!

hjevans: </3

hjevans: then i guess we are no longer boyfriends...

lucidM: harry.

lucidM: harry?

lucidM: goddamn it, harry!

lucidM: please respond...

lucidM: what do you want me to say?!

hjevans: you know very well what i want you to say.

lucidM: ...

hjevans: fine then, suit yourself.

lucidM: wait!

lucidM: i'll do it, you manipulative little shit.

hjevans: sorry?

lucidM: anything for you, dearest

hjevans: much better.

lucidM: but i never said when.

hjevans: oh, fuck you.

lucidM: love you too <3

Harry smiled down at his phone. He hadn't talked to Draco since the kissing incident that had happened two days ago, and he hadn't dared mention to Damien about how he went on a date with a boy who might not have been him. And if Damien wasn't Draco, then who was he? And why was Malfoy harbouring feelings for him in the first place?

He just groaned and switched his phone off, falling back onto his bed and letting out a large breath. They had reached December now, and Christmas was soon. He wanted to get Damien a gift but had no idea what. Probably a book, seeing how much he liked to read and write. But which one?

But even if he did get Damien a present, how on earth would he give it to him? The stubborn git wouldn't even tell him his name...

"I can hear you thinking from all the way over here." Ron said to Harry from across him, where he was lounging on his own bed. "Something weighing on you? Is it that Damien boy again?"

Harry chuckled and couldn't help but notice how Ron was becoming so much more like Hermione, in other words, an overbearing mother-hen. "No, Ron, I'm perfectly fine."

"Right," Ron said, narrowing his eyes. "But if he does something, then just tell me. George and I will find out who he is in no time-"

"Wait, you can find out who he is?" Harry asked, wide-eyed. "How?"

Ron furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, we'd have to get his IP address off somewhere, and some other stuff. In all honesty, I don't know the specifics, but George was telling me about it the other day-"

"Well, this is brilliant!" Harry said happily. "You can find out for me!"

Looking uncomfortable, Ron avoided his gaze. "I dunno, Harry, he's told you he doesn't want you to know... quite a lot of times, actually."

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Ron was right, of course. Damien would only become cross with him if he found out his identity like that, and probably never trust him again.

"Right," he agreed reluctantly. "Of course, I should respect his boundaries..."

***

damn harry is so desperate to know who damien is

anywaysss vote, comment and add to your library dudes