Chapter 9

Lila's pov
"Let's see where were we..."i said as I flipped the pages."ah!here we go!"i said,I cleared my throat and began to read."One morning I woke up earlier than usual. Johnny and I slept huddled together for warmth--- Dally had been right when he said it would get cold where we were going. Being careful not to wake Johnny up, I went to sit on the steps and smoke a cigarette. The dawn was coming then. All the lower valley was covered with mist, and sometimes little pieces of it broke off and floated away in small clouds. The sky was lighter in the east, and the horizon was a thin golden line. The clouds changed from gray to pink, and the mist was touched with gold. There was a silent moment when everything held its breath, and then the sun rose. It was beautiful."

"Oh!here comes my favorite part Kevin."i said,"Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay."I read the poem that was in the book."woah...t-that's a really g-go-goo-good poem."Kevin said,"who wrote it?"he asked."according to the book it says Robert Frost wrote it."i replied,"who's that?"he asked."I think he's a poet."I replied,"but I'm not really so sure."I added.i looked out the barred windows,it's almost time to initiate my plan."say Kevin,did you know that they made a movie for this book?"I asked him,he shook his head no."do you want to see it?"i asked him,"I wish I could..."he trailed off.

"What if I told you you can see it?"