Chapter 6

Lila's pov
Kevin seemed a bit off today when I read him chapter 3,"After the movie was over it suddenly came to us that Cherry and Marcia didn't have a way to get home. Two-Bit gallantly offered to walk them home--- the west side of town was only about twenty miles away--- but they wanted to call their parents and have them come and get them. Two-Bit finally talked them into letting us drive them home in his car. I think they were still half-scared of us. They were getting over it, though, as we walked to Two-Bit's house to pick up the car. It seemed funny to me that Socs--- if these girls were any example--- were just like us. They liked the Beatles and thought Elvis Presley was out, and we thought the Beatles were rank and that Elvis was tuff, but that seemed the only difference to me. Of course greasy girls would have acted a lot tougher, but there was a basic sameness. I thought maybe it was money that separated us."

"L...Lila?"he said,I put my thumb on the page I was on and closed the book.I looked at Kevin,"Yeah Kevin?"I asked him."why do you come here?"he asked me,I was confused."what do you mean?"I asked,"why do you come here everyday with Jenny?"he asked.i didn't know what to say,I mean what should I say?"because,I want to see you."I answered.it wasn't a lie or anything,it was the truth."why?"he asked,I then blushed and looked away."I...I can't say."I replied,he widened his eyes."D-Did I say something wrong?"he asked worryingly,I looked at him and saw he was going to start to panic.

I immediately got up and rushed to Kevin,dropping the book in the process."no,no,no you didn't say anything wrong Kevin."I reassured him,it looked like he was having a panic attack(or at least looked like he was about to have one)."I can't tell you exactly how I'm feeling right now,but what I can do is be here for you like my aunt is there for you."i said,hugging him.he tightly hugged me back,I heard start to cry.it was muffled,but I knew he was crying.i began to comfort him as I brushed his hair with my hand,"shhh shhhh,I know,I know,it's ok Kevin."I comforted him.after crying for almost an hour he finally stopped,he was actually sleeping now.

My aunt Jenny entered the room and saw Kevin asleep in my arms,"he had a small panic attack but I handled it."i whispered."I'm proud of you."she whispered,smiling.i smiled back."I can't move though,I might need to stay here."I whispered,she nodded."I'll see what I can arrange."she whispered,she left the room.i looked at Kevin,who was peacefully sleeping on my chest.i smiled,i exhaled and closed my eyes."we're making progress.i thought,I managed to fall asleep with Kevin in my arms.