Chapter 1

Lila's pov
"You'll like Lila Kevin,She's the same age as you.plus she loves to read and draw,just like you."my aunt Jenny was trying to convince her patient Kevin to meet me,I was watching through the glass.i was a little bit nervous about meeting Kevin,but my aunt reassured me that I'll be ok.she then looked at me and nodded,I nodded back.i left the room I was in and entered the room Kevin and aunt Jenny were in,I held my backpack."Hi Kevin."I greeted Kevin,who was curled up into a ball under the table."I'm going to leave you two alone now Kevin,but I'll be outside if either of you need me."aunt Jenny said,I looked at her as she left the room.i sat down on the floor near Kevin,it was quiet in the room.i didn't usually mind the quiet,but in this case the quiet is making me nervous.

"I guess I'm gonna have to be the one who breaks the ice."I thought.i zipped open my backpack,"my aunt told me you like to draw,I like to draw too."i said as I took out my notebook and other supplies.Kevin just kept rocking back and forth,not saying a word."do you want to draw Kevin?"I asked him,no response."how about this:I'll draw you,and you'll draw me:how does that sound?"I suggested,he stopped rocking and looked at me.i handed him a sheet of paper,he got up from under the table and sat down on a chair."huh,it worked!"I thought,I got up and sat across from him.i studied his face as I began drawing him,as I occasionally glanced at him I noticed him sometimes looking at me too.

i studied his face as I began drawing him,as I occasionally glanced at him I noticed him sometimes looking at me too