Chapter 8

Lila's pov
"Come on Kevin you can do it!"aunt Jenny and I are currently trying to teach Kevin how to swim,it wasn't going well so far.Kevin was clinging onto the bar,he was also trying his best to go into the water.i felt so bad for him,then he turned his head and looked at me.i got up and walked towards him and aunt Jenny,"you know Kevin,I don't know how to swim either."I admitted.he was shocked,"R-Really?"he asked.i nodded,"we can learn together if you want."I suggested.aunt Jenny smiled,"I think that's a wonderful idea."she said.i held out my hand,rather then holding my hand Kevin hugged me."uh,wouldn't you rather wanna hold my hand?"I asked nervously,"N-No,this is better."he said in a shaky tone.

"I think that's enough for today,let's get you back to your room."aunt Jenny suggested.Kevin still held onto me as we helped him out of the pool,"don't leave me,please don't leave me Lila."he whispered.i was shocked and didn't know what to say,"I...I won't leave you Kevin,I'd...I'd never leave you."I reassured him.he hugged me,"I'm sorry,I'm sorry."he repeated.i looked at my aunt Jenny,then back at Kevin."it's ok Kevin,it's ok."i said,gently brushing his hair with my hand.i led Kevin back to his room,I waited outside while he got changed.i went in once he was changed,"want to read today?"I asked him.he nodded,we sat on his bed.i grabbed the Outsiders book and put on my reading glasses,I opened the book to chapter 5.