Chapter 20(FINAL CHAPTER!)

No one's pov
Taking Kevin to his old house was a great idea,and was a kickstart into helping him get better.Jenny and Lila did all they could to help Kevin get better,he went outside more and even learned how to swim.Lila and Kevin eventually told Jenny about their relationship,she happily accepted them.when Kevin finally healed he was sent to a foster home,he had to tearfully say goodbye to Lila.she reassured him though that this wouldn't be goodbye,she gave him her phone number so that he could call her anytime(or everyday).and that's what he did,they occasionally talked every day and every night.he was even allowed to go visit her,which he loved.as time went on Lila was able to show(and read)him more S.E. Hinton books,the more time they spent together the more in love they were with each other.

The time came where Kevin and Lila both turned 18,and they moved into an apartment together.it was difficult for both of them,but they made it work:because they had each other.Kevin sometimes had a nightmare and Lila was always there to comfort him,sometimes they even stayed up all night.as time passed,they did everything you could imagine:got married,traveled,and they even had a kid.she's a little girl and they named her Carol,after Kevin's sister.Kevin was always afraid of having to take care of his daughter,he was scared he'd hurt her like his stepdad hurt his sister.luckily Lila was there every step of the way,living happily ever after.

The end!