Chapter 10

Lila's pov
My plan was to take Kevin to an abandoned drive in theater,it's the perfect place because no one is there.they said they were gonna "reconstruct it"but that plan never happened,which is perfect for Kevin's situation.don't worry aunt Jenny doesn't know about this,I told her I wanted to stay with Kevin again tonight and she allowed me to.i looked out the barred windows,it's almost time to initiate my plan."say Kevin,did you know that they made a movie for this book?"I asked him,he shook his head no."do you want to see it?"i asked him,"I wish I could..."he trailed off."What if I told you you can see it?"I asked him,"I can?h..h-ho-How?"he asked."I'm gonna sneak you out of here."I responded,he widened his eyes and gulped.

"It's ok,It's ok:we aren't going to get caught."I reassured him,"A-Are-Are y-yo-you sure?"he asked me.i nodded,we got up from his bed.i carefully opened his door,I looked around.no one was in the halls,I held out my hand.he immediately grabbed it,I led him out of the room and into the hallway.he held on to my arm as we began to sneak down the halls,we hid behind a wall.he looked at me nervously but I gave him a reassuring nod and smile,I peeked my head out a bit and saw the coast was clear.we continued to sneak our way to the exit,when we finally got to it I led Kevin out.we were finally outside,I finally sighed with relief.i looked at Kevin,he seemed to look completely mesmerized.

This is technically the first time he's been outside of this building."N-No-Now what?"he asked,I couldn't tell if he was excited or nervous.for now let's just go with both,"we're gonna have to walk there,I don't know how to drive or steal a car."I replied.he nodded,once again instead of holding my hand again Kevin hugged me.this time i didn't ask if he'd just rather hold my hand,I just let him do it.i began to lead him to the abandoned drive in theater,the walk wasn't that long,but it was quiet the whole time.finally though,we made it."stay here for a minute,I gotta start the movie."I told him,he nodded.i began to climb up the tower,I noticed Kevin looking up nervously.

I gave him a thumbs up and a reassuring smile,his face lit up and he smiled back.i then got to work on starting the movie,once the projector loaded and the movie began to play I climbed down the tower.i led Kevin to an abandoned car,we got in it and sat down."T-Th-This is-is exciting!"he said happily,I smiled."I'm glad you like this."i said,seeing Kevin happy made me happy.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay.