Chapter 13

Lila's pov
For the next couple of weeks aunt Jenny and I try everything we can to make Kevin do....well,anything again.he just sits around and does nothing,I feel so bad for him.i was in my room laying down on my bed and looking at the glow stars on my ceiling,"how can I help Kevin?hmmm,maybe I could read another S.E. Hinton book to him?nah,I don't think he'd like Tex or That was Then This is Now."I thought."Lila we need to go,now."aunt Jenny said as she entered the room,I immediately got up."did something happened to Kevin?"I asked,"Yeah the hospital just called,they said he tried attacking someone with the knife he made."she explained.i widened my eyes,I immediately got off my bed and i followed her out of the house and to the car.she drove us to the institution,when we got there a nurse explained the situation.

"I'll handle it."i said,aunt Jenny and the nurse looked at me."Are you sure honey?"aunt Jenny asked me,"he needs me,he needs me now more than ever."i said.she nodded,we walked to his room."I'll be outside if you need me."aunt Jenny reassured me,I nodded.i gave her a quick hug,I then exhaled and slowly entered Kevin's room.i stood in the corner and watch in horror as Kevin was moving back and forth and hitting the walls with his knife in his corner,I didn't say anything for a minute.he then tried stabbing himself with the knife."Kevin no,don't do it!"i said,he didn't do it which made me sigh with relief.he did this for the rest of the day and all night,I just stared at him.

When it was morning again Kevin was exhausted and wasn't waking back and forth.he leaned against the wall and sat down on the floor,I slowly approached him.i sat down on my knees,"Kevin?"I said.he didn't say anything,I got the knife away from him.he didn't notice,"Kevin it's me."i said.he slowly turned his head and looked at me,he widened his eyes and began to cry.i immediately hugged him,he hugged me back and held onto me.rather then muffling his cries he cried out loud,all I could do at that moment was hug him back and comfort him.